ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts/notes on Auburn-Ole Miss/CFB in general...

AuburnLegacy

All-American
Jan 23, 2003
No. 1, Auburn or Ole Miss would fine representatives for the SEC in a playoff game.

No. 2, Kris Frost earned his spot in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The former 5-star recruit is an NFL player next year. Mark it down.

No. 3, CAP doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves; neither from our fan base, nor the nation. He should have carried the ball on 3-and-2 on the next to last drive. He is an NFL running back. He proved that on his game-winning touchdown run the play after he got lit up by a big defensive tackle.

No. 4, as good as Duke is, he was the second best No. 1 on the field tonight. Adams third. No "1" but Frost could tread on Treadwell.

No. 5, Sammie Coates has returned to form.

No. 6, We are surprising healthy at this time of the year (knock on wood). Plus, we will face a true freshman starting quarterback next week who will be making his SEC road start. Still, I am hugely concerned about the fact that we play six straight weeks (South Carolina, @Ole Miss, Texas A&M, @Georgia, Samford, and @Uat) to close the season. I am not sure we can navigate this slate and have enough left in the tank to hold off UGay and Uat at the end.

No. 7, I would not want to play a healthy Ole Miss. The Rebels were clearly the better team on the perimeter on offense and defense. Their receivers and defensive backs b*itch slapped our defensive backs and receivers, respectively, all night. Their perimeter players hit us in the mouth, and we didn't like it.

No. 8, Jameis Winston, for all of his character flaws, is the best football player in America. No other quarterback in the nation could beat arguably two of the five best coaches in the nation (Gus and Pigtrino) when both had 24-7 leads in the third quarter.

No. 9, Georgia's Todd Gurley is a class act. Yes, he took money for his likeness, but when approached by his head coach, he admitted guilt and took his punishment. Winston, when--or even if--approached by Jimbo Fisher...

No. 10, Mississippi State will run the table and win the SEC Championship Game. The Bulldogs play host to UT-Martin on Saturday, then travel to UAT. Meanwhile, UAT has to play a physical game at LSU before hosting MSU, which should be healed up by game time. We must win out against a murder's row to earn a spot as second- or third-tier seed.

No. 11, Interestingly enough, if the season ended tomorrow, we would play FSU in Pasadena for the right to play the Mississippi State-Oregon winner for the National Championship. I do not think any team can best Florida State at this time.

This post was edited on 11/2 12:16 PM by AuburnLegacy

Missy State almost lost to Arky and Kentucky, both crap teams. I think Ala and Possibly Ole Miss beat them. They are not that great.

I would add...

No. 12, Laquon Treadwell is a class act and one of the best WRs in the country. I pray that he makes a full recovery. He had the game in his hands and it slipped away in a terrible way. I can't ever remember such a bad way to end a game. Just feel awful for the kid.

No. 13, Eugene C. Chizik Jr. is rumored to be a regular visitor at Troy. He would be a phenomenal replacement for Larry Blakeney. A lot of people do not want Chizik at Troy. I, meanwhile, am surprised that he is willing to entertain the idea. I view the Florida graduate as more of a candidate at Gainesville than at lowly Troy. Chizik, a former Frank Broyles Award winner, has won numerous National Coach of the Year honors. Not to mention he helped coach two undefeated Auburn teams and an undefeated Texas team. Plus, he recruited 21 of the 22 starters (Nick Marshall was the exclusion) and all starting specialty players on the Auburn team that played for the National Championship last year. In 2005, Chizik was one of the hottest head coaching candidates in America. At Troy, he could put together a staff that includes the likes of Al Borges (OC), Phillip Lolley (LBs), and Kevin Yoxall (S&C).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT