ADVERTISEMENT

PubMed.gov Study on Infectivity of Asymptomatic china virus Carriers

sjweagle

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2006
This is great news! Looking forward to being with my people in JHS for the season opener September 5, 2020.

PubMed study exposed an asymptomatic covid19 (china virus) person to 455 uninfected and tracked the infection rate. Of those 455, ZERO became infected.

Unfortunately, leaders of our great country became more concerned regarding those with china virus than the many more lives senselessly destroyed by this foolish overreaction.

When honest responsible reporting akin to what is shared herein finally reveals the truth that some of us have known since the china virus fiasco commenced... will the sad pathetic doomsayers (they/we know who there are) be pissed off?... or stubbornly continue “the sky is falling” narrative. Here in Texas and last week back home in Auburn it is clear our fellow countrymen for the most part are finished and resuming a real normalcy in their lives. Sadly, the sad pathetic doomsayers think the misguided actions of lockdowns, school closures, face masks, gloves, etc. is “the new normal”. Fooking fraudulent fauci realizes he is exposed now and even the leader of the doomsayers now states we must discontinue the lockdowns or suffer irreparable damage to our great country.

War Eagle folks and have a great weekend recognizing the true Greatness and Exceptionalism of The United States of America remembering and honoring those who fought and died for our freedoms which we must fervently protect today and forever. God Bless The USA.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/324...g1bRnt8bq7jvJN0734XWR67aWN7_biYQlQxtgeeRSPVuo

This is great news! Looking forward to being with my people in JHS for the season opener September 5, 2020.

PubMed study exposed an asymptomatic covid19 (china virus) person to 455 uninfected and tracked the infection rate. Of those 455, ZERO became infected.

Unfortunately, leaders of our great country became more concerned regarding those with china virus than the many more lives senselessly destroyed by this foolish overreaction.

When honest responsible reporting akin to what is shared herein finally reveals the truth that some of us have known since the china virus fiasco commenced... will the sad pathetic doomsayers (they/we know who there are) be pissed off?... or stubbornly continue “the sky is falling” narrative. Here in Texas and last week back home in Auburn it is clear our fellow countrymen for the most part are finished and resuming a real normalcy in their lives. Sadly, the sad pathetic doomsayers think the misguided actions of lockdowns, school closures, face masks, gloves, etc. is “the new normal”. Fooking fraudulent fauci realizes he is exposed now and even the leader of the doomsayers now states we must discontinue the lockdowns or suffer irreparable damage to our great country.

War Eagle folks and have a great weekend recognizing the true Greatness and Exceptionalism of The United States of America remembering and honoring those who fought and died for our freedoms which we must fervently protect today and forever. God Bless The USA.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/324...g1bRnt8bq7jvJN0734XWR67aWN7_biYQlQxtgeeRSPVuo
That is a no brainer. The numbers show that this is not a true airborne virus, capabilities to travel more than 6 ft in the air and is close contact droplet transmission through the hands. Thing is if you are asymptomatic you are not going to be getting the virus out of your lungs yet, just not enough there and not being forced up. The thing is the people who have slight symptoms may produce a lot more so they may not know they are sick but not be classified asymptomatic.

Reactions: hooter80 and aler

seems logical, there is no reason to think that asymptomatic persons could spread disease. we have never before asked those with no symptoms to isolate

ps no one cares about the science

If this ends up being the case then there are a lot of researchers early on that did a lot of damage.

Reactions: Tigerfan1503
Am I missing something here? I don’t have any symptoms and haven’t been able to work and was told to stay in my house for 2 months
I think you missed the hidden note at the bottom of the Governors lock down, that you can go out if asymptomatic. So if you want to go out we did not for the first time in our history lock every body down, just those having symptoms.

I think you missed the hidden note at the bottom of the Governors lock down, that you can go out if asymptomatic. So if you want to go out we did not for the first time in our history lock every body down, just those having symptoms.
I live in Florida and just want to earn my pay, I don’t want money from the government

If this ends up being the case then there are a lot of researchers early on that did a lot of damage.
I don't know anyone ever definitively said it did, just speculated it might be. we had so much spread we figured it must be so. the other way to look at it was most early flus and colds were actually wuhan

I live in Florida and just want to earn my pay, I don’t want money from the government
My bad. I guess the Governors forgot to put on the stay at home if you are sick and will put it on the next lock down. They are extremely apologetic and won't do it next time, but for now just stay home.

Reactions: BigBallinKemosabi
CoronaBros right now

64F568858D2DB25C0151A11060971CAA5EAFC4C4

Exceptionalism of The United States of America
I don’t like the term. I’ll be honest with you. People say, “Oh he’s not patriotic.” Look, if I’m a Russian, or I’m a German, or I’m a person we do business with, why, you know, I don’t think it’s a very nice term. We’re exceptional; you’re not. First of all, Germany is eating our lunch. So they say, “Why are you exceptional. We’re doing a lot better than you.” I never liked the term. And perhaps that’s because I don’t have a very big ego and I don’t need terms like that. Honestly. I don’t like the term. Because we’re dealing—First of all, I want to take everything back from the world that we’ve given them. We’ve given them so much. On top of taking it back, I don’t want to say, “We’re exceptional. We’re more exceptional.” Because essentially we’re saying we’re more outstanding than you. “By the way, you’ve been eating our lunch for the last 20 years, but we’re more exceptional than you.” I don’t like the term. I never liked it. When I see these politicians get up [and say], “the American exceptionalism”—we’re dying. We owe 18 trillion in debt. I’d like to make us exceptional. And I’d like to talk later instead of now. Does that make any sense? Because I think you’re insulting the world. And you, know, if you’re German, or you’re from Japan, or you’re from China, you don’t want to have people saying that. I never liked the expression. And I see a lot of good patriots get up and talk about Amer—you can think it, but I don’t think we should say it. We may have a chance to say it in the not-too-distant future. But even the, I wouldn’t say it because when I take back the jobs, and when I take back all that money and we get all our stuff, I’m not going to rub it in. Let’s not rub it in. Let’s not rub it in. But I never liked that term.

Reactions: DM8 and kenews
I don’t like the term. I’ll be honest with you. People say, “Oh he’s not patriotic.” Look, if I’m a Russian, or I’m a German, or I’m a person we do business with, why, you know, I don’t think it’s a very nice term. We’re exceptional; you’re not. First of all, Germany is eating our lunch. So they say, “Why are you exceptional. We’re doing a lot better than you.” I never liked the term. And perhaps that’s because I don’t have a very big ego and I don’t need terms like that. Honestly. I don’t like the term. Because we’re dealing—First of all, I want to take everything back from the world that we’ve given them. We’ve given them so much. On top of taking it back, I don’t want to say, “We’re exceptional. We’re more exceptional.” Because essentially we’re saying we’re more outstanding than you. “By the way, you’ve been eating our lunch for the last 20 years, but we’re more exceptional than you.” I don’t like the term. I never liked it. When I see these politicians get up [and say], “the American exceptionalism”—we’re dying. We owe 18 trillion in debt. I’d like to make us exceptional. And I’d like to talk later instead of now. Does that make any sense? Because I think you’re insulting the world. And you, know, if you’re German, or you’re from Japan, or you’re from China, you don’t want to have people saying that. I never liked the expression. And I see a lot of good patriots get up and talk about Amer—you can think it, but I don’t think we should say it. We may have a chance to say it in the not-too-distant future. But even the, I wouldn’t say it because when I take back the jobs, and when I take back all that money and we get all our stuff, I’m not going to rub it in. Let’s not rub it in. Let’s not rub it in. But I never liked that term.
That was very long for ?????

Based upon your many senseless posts over the years... did you seriously somehow feel it was necessary to let us know the declaration of America's Excellence and Exceptionalism would be offensive to you. WE KNOW!
God Bless The United States of America.

Reactions: hooter80
CoronaBros right now

64F568858D2DB25C0151A11060971CAA5EAFC4C4
We are so fortunate to have had Jim and OP on the board to constantly remind us COVID was far less deadly than the seasonal flu. 99k+ Americans have lost their lives, but that won't stop these brave truth tellers from continuing to assure us we never had anything to worry about.
You're right, it's not the flu. Because you are much more likely to die from the flu than this.
Imagine wasting hundreds of hours of your life trying to convince people on a football message board to cower in the corner of their closets over a virus that will turn out to be no deadlier than the flu.
No.

Although you are more likely to die from the flu than the China Virus.
But the flu is much more likely to kill you, so that wasn’t really true.

We are so fortunate to have had Jim and OP on the board to constantly remind us COVID was far less deadly than the seasonal flu. 99k+ Americans have lost their lives, but that won't stop these brave truth tellers from continuing to assure us we never had anything to worry about.
Ah yes, there he is the ever predictable doomsayer extraordinaire... dee m eight aka the Bunker's own chicken l'il.
chicken-little-on-cnn.jpg

Ah yes, there he is the ever predictable doomsayer extraordinaire... dee m eight aka the Bunker's own chicken l'il.
chicken-little-on-cnn.jpg
You told us COVID was a media hoax in March. 99k+ Americans have tragically lost their lives from this hoax to date. Are you ready to admit you were wrong?

None of those countries can scratch our jockstrap. We are the greatest country on earth and it isn’t close or debatable. So if they f with us we can always decide or to pay the debt. What in the holy hell can they do to collect. I already want to do that to China. Then place full embargo on them. Don’t awaken the sleeping giant. Look at Japan and Germany after we kicked there ass we supported them until they can almost stand in there on

You told us COVID was a media hoax in March. 99k+ Americans have tragically lost their lives from this hoax to date. Are you ready to admit you were wrong?

So roughly .0003 % of the population and you honestly believe in your delusional mind that you were on the right side of this and even want others to admit they were “wrong”? That is truly unbelievable

Reactions: hooter80 and aler
There's a reason this hasn't been talked about.

It's a study of ONE(1) positive person who managed not to infect any of the 400+ persons they could track that he came into contact with.

The R0 of COVID-19 is like 2.3. That means each infected person infects roughly 2.3 persons. This person infected nobody that they found.

What conclusions can be drawn from this extremely limited study? None. Not one.

I'm sorry. You guys are so anxious to naysay that you are willing to disregard logical analysis of data to jump to conclusions.

I stopped posting anything remotely negative because people are incapable of having their paradigm threatened in any manner, so it's just not worth it.

Good grief.

I would get into the studies of super-virulent carriers but I don't think folks can handle it. Peace.

So roughly .0003 % of the population and you honestly believe in your delusional mind that you were on the right side of this and even want others to admit they were “wrong”? That is truly unbelievable
165000 people die tragically every day on earth yet no one has stopped it. Heartless and uncaring

It's a study of ONE(1) positive person who managed not to infect any of the 400+ persons they could track that he came into contact with.

The R0 of COVID-19 is like 2.3. That means each infected person infects roughly 2.3 persons. This person infected nobody that they found.

I'm sorry. You guys are so anxious to naysay that you are willing to disregard logical analysis of data to jump to conclusions.

I stopped posting anything remotely negative because people are incapable of having their paradigm threatened in any manner, so it's just not worth it.

Good grief.

I would get into the studies of super-virulent carriers but I don't think folks can handle it. Peace.
Don’t care . Open everything save lives

Folks like you and Jim repeatedly guaranteed less people would die from COVID than the seasonal flu. Why can't you admit you were wrong?

It's pitiful that you are now moving the goal posts and desperately claiming that 100k Americans losing their lives in the last 2 months isn't significant. If anyone on the board in early April had cited a projection that 100k+ Americans would die by the end of May, you would have said that was impossible and called them a reckless fear monger.

Folks like you and Jim repeatedly guaranteed less people would die from COVID than the seasonal flu. Why can't you admit you were wrong?

It's pitiful that you are now moving the goal posts and desperately claiming that 100k Americans losing their lives in the last 2 months isn't significant. If anyone on the board in early April had cited a projection that 100k+ Americans would die by the end of May, you would have said that was impossible and called them a reckless fear monger.

Now you are just making things up, talk about desperate. I never said anything about less people dying than the flu.

Good grief.

You see what you are doing here right? You are ignoring the fact that there has been very little evidence of asymptotic transmission and actually going so far as to ignore evidence to the contrary... you see it right?

Did anybody call you in this thread?? You claim you get called into them by people tagging you. I didn’t see that in this one. How about letting some potential good news be reported and not trying to ruin it with the same exact posts you’ve made 1 billion times

Reactions: hooter80
Now you are just making things up, talk about desperate. I never said anything about less people dying than the flu.
On review, your predictions were somehow even worse than Jim's. As justification for your claim that nothing should be shutdown in our country, you claimed COVID would last 3 months and kill fewer people in the US than H1N1 in 2009. 12k Americans died from H1N1. 99k+ have died to date from COVID. Are you ready to admit you were wrong?

Nah not at all, this is a virus that will last 3 months and have a death rate of less than 1% ultimately and will infect and kill FAR less in raw numbers than the h1n1 in 2009, a year in which the s&p returned 27% and not a single event was cancelled. Shutting down the entire economy and making millions of people suddenly and many permanently unemployed, is absolutely a choice. Obviously if they can save 50,000 lives by making 3 million people unemployed, that’s worth it but let’s not pretend it’s something it’s not. The economy would have been fine.

Reactions: tire
Did anybody call you in this thread?? You claim you get called into them by people tagging you. I didn’t see that in this one. How about letting some potential good news be reported and not trying to ruin it with the same exact posts you’ve made 1 billion times
I have an entire thread for good news. Strangely, you have never posted in it despite the fact you're in every other COVID thread since the pandemic started and frequently complain about people not wanting to discuss good news.

Last edited:
You see what you are doing here right? You are ignoring the fact that there has been very little evidence of asymptotic transmission and actually going so far as to ignore evidence to the contrary... you see it right?
You see what you're doing here? You're ignoring the fact that there is a mountain of evidence confirming there is asymptomatic transmission. Asymptomatic spread was identified as far back as February so this isn't a new issue. The CDC, New England Journal of Medicine and many other journals have published peer reviewed articles identifying asymptomatic spread as a key factor in why CV-19 has spread to millions of people around the world while SARS only infected 8200 people total...

Evidence Supporting Transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 While Presymptomatic or Asymptomatic
Abstract

Recent epidemiologic, virologic, and modeling reports support the possibility of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) transmission from persons who are presymptomatic (SARS-CoV-2 detected before symptom onset) or asymptomatic (SARS-CoV-2 detected but symptoms never develop). SARS-CoV-2 transmission in the absence of symptoms reinforces the value of measures that prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 by infected persons who may not exhibit illness despite being infectious.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-1595_article

Asymptomatic Transmission, the Achilles’ Heel of Current Strategies to Control Covid-19

Traditional infection-control and public health strategies rely heavily on early detection of disease to contain spread. When Covid-19 burst onto the global scene, public health officials initially deployed interventions that were used to control severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003, including symptom-based case detection and subsequent testing to guide isolation and quarantine. This initial approach was justified by the many similarities between SARS-CoV-1 and SARS-CoV-2, including high genetic relatedness, transmission primarily through respiratory droplets, and the frequency of lower respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, and shortness of breath) with both infections developing a median of 5 days after exposure. However, despite the deployment of similar control interventions, the trajectories of the two epidemics have veered in dramatically different directions. Within 8 months, SARS was controlled after SARS-CoV-1 had infected approximately 8100 persons in limited geographic areas. Within 5 months, SARS-CoV-2 has infected more than 2.6 million people and continues to spread rapidly around the world.

What explains these differences in transmission and spread? A key factor in the transmissibility of Covid-19 is the high level of SARS-CoV-2 shedding in the upper respiratory tract,1 even among presymptomatic patients, which distinguishes it from SARS-CoV-1, where replication occurs mainly in the lower respiratory tract.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2009758

Not unlike child transmissions. There are plenty of articles that say they should be able to transmit, but no studies to date that include much data that proves they effective at transmitting, if they transmit at all. Child to adult transmission is near impossible to find in the real world.

Not unlike child transmissions. There are plenty of articles that say they should be able to transmit, but no studies to date that include much data that proves they effective at transmitting, if they transmit at all. Child to adult transmission is near impossible to find in the real world.
There is a huge difference between the amount of evidence available on asymptomatic spread and the role of children in transmission. There are lots of peer reviewed articles which show asymptomatic spread is not only possible, it's been confirmed as one of the key factors that allowed the virus to spread so quickly to millions of people around the world.

The issue of children spreading the virus is less clear. It's not safe to assume children can't spread the virus. Hopefully more studies will be able to shed light on the extent to which it's a major issue.

New Studies Add to Evidence that Children May Transmit the Coronavirus
Experts said the new data suggest that cases could soar in many U.S. communities if schools reopen soon.

Published May 5, 2020Updated May 8, 2020

Among the most important unanswered questions about Covid-19 is this: What role do children play in keeping the pandemic going?

Fewer children seem to get infected by the coronavirus than adults, and most of those who do have mild symptoms, if any. But do they pass the virus on to adults and continue the chain of transmission?

In one study, published last week in the journal Science, a team analyzed data from two cities in China — Wuhan, where the virus first emerged, and Shanghai — and found that children were about a third as susceptible to coronavirus infection as adults were. But when schools were open, they found, children had about three times as many contacts as adults, and three times as many opportunities to become infected, essentially evening out their risk.

The second study, by a group of German researchers, was more straightforward. The team tested children and adults and found that children who test positive harbor just as much virus as adults do — sometimes more — and so, presumably, are just as infectious.

The German study was led by Christian Drosten, a virologist who has ascended to something like celebrity status in recent months for his candid and clear commentary on the pandemic. Dr. Drosten leads a large virology lab in Berlin that has tested about 60,000 people for the coronavirus. Consistent with other studies, he and his colleagues found many more infected adults than children.

Dr. Drosten said he posted his study on his lab’s website ahead of its peer review because of the ongoing discussion about schools in Germany.

“But the message of the paper is really unchanged by any type of more sophisticated statistical analysis,” he said. For the United States to even consider reopening schools, he said, “I think it’s way too early.”

Dr. Nuzzo also pointed to a study in the Netherlands, conducted by the Dutch government, which concluded that “patients under 20 years play a much smaller role in the spread than adults and the elderly.”

“Assumptions that children are not involved in the epidemiology, because they do not have severe illness, are exactly the kind of assumption that you really, really need to question in the face of a pandemic,” Dr. Hanage said. “Because if it’s wrong, it has really pretty disastrous consequences.”

The experts all agreed on one thing: that governments should hold active discussions on what reopening schools looks like. Students could be scheduled to come to school on different days to reduce the number of people in the building at one time, for example; desks could be placed six feet apart; and schools could avoid having students gather in large groups

The leaders of the two new studies, Dr. Drosten and Dr. Ajelli, were both more circumspect, saying their role is merely to provide the data that governments can use to make policies.

“I’m somehow the bringer of the bad news but I can’t change the news,” Dr. Drosten said. “It’s in the data.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/health/coronavirus-children-transmission-school.html

Children 'do transmit COVID-19' to adults, says researcher whose report was 'misunderstood' as evidence that kids cannot spread coronavirus

Apr 30, 2020, 2:47 PM

"Children almost certainly DO transmit COVID-19," Munro, a clinical research fellow in pediatric infectious diseases at University Hospital Southampton, said on Twitter on Thursday, adding: "Growing evidence suggests children are less susceptible to infection, have milder infection, and are infrequently responsible for household transmission."

The Royal College of Pediatrics also corrected the record, tweeting that "a number of media reports, citing RCPCH, have incorrectly suggested that children cannot transmit COVID-19. This is not the the RCPCH position, nor is it based on evidence."

Experts warn there is nowhere near enough evidence to feel confident that children don't spread the virus

SARS was another respiratory disease that also affected adults more than children. "Transmission of SARS from pediatric patients appears to be uncommon but is possible," wrote the authors of a 2006 study.

However, German virologist Christian Drosten, director of the Institute of Virology at Berlin's Charite hospital, urged policymakers to exercise caution when looking at studies examining the effects of COVID-19 on children. He pointed out that the findings of a Dutch study, which was used as evidence that children do not play a big role in spreading COVID-19, were not statistically significant.

According to his own research, Drosten said, children can carry as high levels of the coronavirus as adults. He and his colleagues warned "against an unlimited reopening of schools and kindergartens in the present situation."

In an April 29 press conference, World Health Organization technical lead Maria van Kerkhove doubled down on warnings against seeing children as immune, or unable to pass on the virus.

"There's no reason to think that children are less susceptible to infection if they're exposed, and that they can't transmit," she said. "We're really not seeing this in the epidemiology."

https://www.businessinsider.com/children-do-transmit-covid-19-says-researcher-amid-confusion-2020-4

Reactions: gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT