ADVERTISEMENT

Probate lawyer in HSV. Rec?

Kan y’all not SPLIT THANGZ 50/50??
When my addict brother has lived in an old family home rent free for 10 years and I paid a mortgage for 25 years and raised a family… Somehow that’s not 50-50. I wanted to donate things to my mom and dad‘s church and he told me I couldn’t we’d have to sell him and split the money. Greed. Part of me wants to just eat up all of the estate in lawyer fees and probate cost so that way he will have to get a job, an apartment and finally function in life at 50.
My brother is the guy that has never worked at the same location 40 hours a week for 12 consecutive months ever. Fact.

When my addict brother has lived in an old family home rent free for 10 years and I paid a mortgage for 25 years and raised a family… Somehow that’s not 50-50. I wanted to donate things to my mom and dad‘s church and he told me I couldn’t we’d have to sell him and split the money. Greed. Part of me wants to just eat up all of the estate in lawyer fees and probate cost so that way he will have to get a job, an apartment and finally function in life at 50.
My brother is the guy that has never worked at the same location 40 hours a week for 12 consecutive months ever. Fact.
Got it DAWG!!
Lots of families have a situation like yore brutha. I hope it werkz out foe you buddy

So you are going to let this ruin any future relationship with your brother? I personally would agree to sell it if he would agree to give the church 1/2 of the rent calculated over the 10 yrs from his half and you can do the same from yours. You may have a change of heart in the future regarding his worth. Something like this ya can’t take back.

I was in a similar scenario and chose your way and my worthless brother passed away two years later hating me. I feel terrible about it now and wish that I could go back and change it…but it is too late.

Food for thought. Have a great night, Friend.

Split it 50/50 and donate your 50.

So you are going to let this ruin any future relationship with your brother? I personally would agree to sell it if he would agree to give the church 1/2 of the rent calculated over the 10 yrs from his half and you can do the same from yours. You may have a change of heart in the future regarding his worth. Something like this ya can’t take back.

I was in a similar scenario and chose your way and my worthless brother passed away two years later hating me. I feel terrible about it now and wish that I could go back and change it…but it is too late.

Food for thought. Have a great night, Friend.
This. I choose to love my turd brother even though I don’t agree with his choices. Life is better for both us since I came to this realization.

Sounds like your brother is a ...

giphy.gif

My goodness, how old is Dag now?!? Damn good attorney but I would have thought he would be long since retired by now.

He was one of the two probate and estate lawyers sitting up front at the 1986 Alabama Bar Exam--Summer edition, meaning one part was his and he was one of the graders.

Papa Bruin remembers and also did fine on those questions.

Old memories.

He was one of the two probate and estate lawyers sitting up front at the 1986 Alabama Bar Exam--Summer edition, meaning one part was his and he was one of the graders.

Papa Bruin remembers and also did fine on those questions.

Old memories.
Wuz DAG the wun dat interveeeened when you and the CHIKKK frum LOUISIANNA had a few 'PROBLEMS????"
If I rememba rite, she caught you at the EAGLES WEZT POOOOL when you had anutha girl on yore shoulders and she went BALLLIZZTCK!!!!!

Wuz DAG the wun dat interveeeened when you and the CHIKKK frum LOUISIANNA had a few 'PROBLEMS????"
If I rememba rite, she caught you at the EAGLES WEZT POOOOL when you had anutha girl on yore shoulders and she went BALLLIZZTCK!!!!!

Doc!!!!

Please--let's leave my tryst with Madison alone.

That was so painful. Lindsay from Mandeville was not amused and I nearly had a probate of my own!!

You made me spit up my Fruit Loops!

Doc!!!!

That was so painful. Lindsay from Mandeville was not amused and I nearly had a probate of my own!!

OH, I'm sorry PAPA BRUIN!!
I certainly didn't want to REEEE-HASH bad memories.
I had juzt remembered that LAWYER "DAG" had helped yall out in a TRUE TIME OF NEEED!!
Lindsey over reacted, az all women do at times!
Of course, If I rememba rite, you wuz NEKKKID when she found yall so that had to be tuff to EKKKSPLANE!!

• Haha
Reactions: Big Blue
Doc!!!!

Papa Bruin, was Lindsay the one whose momma wound up in bed with you?

Doc, we need a program to be able to keep up with all of Papa Bruin’s sexual escapades. :)
Luckily for us, PAPA BRUIN haz been rather TAME in the lazt few munths.
He duz have quite a HIZZZTERY wit sum women doe, and sum KRAYZEEE WUNZ at dat!!!
I rememba the poor ole girl frum SANDY SPRANGZ that set fire to hiz motorcycle when she saw him and MOMMA BRUIN holding hands at Fulton County Stadium.

Luckily for us, PAPA BRUIN haz been rather TAME in the lazt few munths.
He duz have quite a HIZZZTERY wit sum women doe, and sum KRAYZEEE WUNZ at dat!!!
I rememba the poor ole girl frum SANDY SPRANGZ that set fire to hiz motorcycle when she saw him and MOMMA BRUIN holding hands at Fulton County Stadium.

DOC!!!!

I need to lay down.

I am feeling a bit faint!

Good Lord--the bad memories

My turd 💩 brother wants to battle. Any real advice?
Having to split up stuff right now with inlaws. If you are in not in major need for the money don't make an issue of every item.

If he lived there while your mom was alive your mortgage payment was basically a gift of equity to your mom while she was living. Her agreement on rent with your brother has no real bearing on the portion of her estate that was willed to him or he is entitled to despite you contributing to her estate for 25 years.

It is what it is.

Reactions: Rusty Strings
Early 70s and still going strong. Won't ever retire. His son is also a lawyer in the same firm.
I would have guessed late 70’s at least. To show my age I remember when his son was just a kid. My wife worked for his old firm back in the 80’s, Cleary, Lee, Smith, Evans and Rowe. Wow the years just fly by. Good to hear he is still going strong.

Reactions: CJ3131
I had one of those. He drank himself to death. But before he did he stole as much money as he could from my parents. He died a worthless drunk and alone.

I got their POA and finally had to have them declared incompetent (probate court became their guardian) and I took everything they owned. Took care of them the last 2 years of my dads' life and the last 6 years of my mothers life.

I keep reminding all the younger people I know the only thing in life you don't get to pick is family. Pick your friends wisely.

So you are going to let this ruin any future relationship with your brother?
The older I get the less I GAF about this. My wife is going through something with her family and she’s at the point where seeing them again but once a year would be just fine forever

Reactions: wareaglebuddy
The older I get the less I GAF about this. My wife is going through something with her family and she’s at the point where seeing them again but once a year would be just fine forever

Forever is a very long time to hold on to hate and anger. Peoples perspectives of what really matters changes over the course of forever. JMO.

Reactions: wareaglebuddy
I’m with Solo Cup on this. It’s just stuff but he’s family. I do understand how you feel though. My wife has someone in her family like your brother. If you do decide you need a good lawyer, DM me. My brother is one of the best.
Thanks. DM me. Honestly, Ive never private messaged anyone on here.
Brother I’ve tried over and over. Bailed him out. He doesn’t change. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT