ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Big News (Sports/ Covid)

No. As noted in the article, doctors raised the alarm about this guidance as soon as it was issued by HHS. As Dr. File noted, we are fortunate the mistake made by the HHS appointees who interfered in this process was corrected, even it it took a month for those who tried to override the doctors to admit they were wrong.

“The return to a science-based approach to testing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is good news for public health and for our united fight against this pandemic. We urge officials to support the work of controlling this pandemic by following medical guidance of experts in the field," File said in a statement.

Sorry the article didn't make the point you thought it did.

The point I was making was the CDC changed their guidance yet again. I only stated facts. You don't seem to be a fan of facts

The point I was making was the CDC changed their guidance yet again. I only stated facts. You don't seem to be a fan of facts
You claimed the doctors couldn't make up their mind. Unfortunately, the article you linked said exactly the opposite. The doctors never changed their minds and this episode illustrated why it is important to keep non experts from interfering in the decision making process on these issues. I am sorry you aren't a fan of the facts noted in the article you posted.

You claimed the doctors couldn't make up their mind. Unfortunately, the article you linked said exactly the opposite. The doctors never changed their minds and this episode illustrated why it is important to keep non experts from interfering in the decision making process on these issues. I am sorry you aren't a fan of the facts noted in the article you posted.

I said it took the doctors almost a month to "correct" the "error". The CDC changed their guidance like I said

Again, still justing facts. Lol

Who were the non-experts that made the claims? I just find it odd that anyone would take it seriously if they didn't have some form of credibility. I'll hang up and listen.

PS, I don't have a dog in this fight. Just want to know the who's who.

For the record, I see nothing about this change on the cdc website. Maybe I am just missing it.

or their tweeter.

And another switch. Lol. Hopefully one day, they can make up their mind

What about the asymptomatic that aren’t around someone known to have covid? They cool to just keep going on with their lives I guess. Guafb

It is all just stupid at this point.

I think what they're saying is if you have been around someone that received a positive test there's no need for you to get tested as well, unless you're showing symptoms. Before they recommended that if you were around someone that tested positive, you should also get tested. Does that make sense?
I think the reverse of that is today’s recommendation. They also said today to stay the heck out of restaurants, which, justifiably got all affiliated with the hospitality industry all upset. You cannot trust the CDC at all. If the NCAA is listening to them, they need to find another source, any other source.

Whichever side you're on, this means the CDC can't be trusted. First they say something supporting the maskers. Now, this supports the non-maskers. I personally am a non-masker.

If this is the CDC's current position, then this whole mask mandate is BS. Before COVID, no asymptomatic people ever wore masks. Asymptomatic people wouldn't go get tested just for the heck of it and employers wouldn't require it.

The CDC can't be trusted. It's a political organization now. Use your common sense. Your whole life, you never got tested for being healthy and you didn't live your life in fear. COVID has a 97% survival rate. I believe it's actually higher.

Over 30,000 americans died from flu last season. We never had mask mandates then. I guess dying from the flu isn't that important.
The cdc is one the most corrupt 501C3’s on the planet imo

This has never really been the issue. What is the issue is people who are vulnerable or in older age groups coming in contact with asymptomatic young adults.

This has never really been the issue. What is the issue is people who are vulnerable or in older age groups coming in contact with asymptomatic young adults.

That's why older/vulnerable people should remain in serious lockdown rather than expecting everyone else to remain in serious lockdown.

This is the same government that idiots want us to turn our health care over too.

This is the same government that idiots want us to turn our health care over too.

To be fair, the private sector isn't going well with healthcare at all. I don't know the answer, but I certainly see why people want something different.

ADVERTISEMENT