ADVERTISEMENT

PQQ

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
For the nerdy Bunkerites, I looked into PQQ last night and found some interesting things. I'll link a few articles about it below but there is some science behind it. It's ability to sustain continual redox cycling is not only unique but would be huge for anyone who has been ill. On a cellular level, people that have health problems have too many reactive oxygen species (ROS) and something like PQQ may help to reduce these harmful yet necessary chemicals. It doesn't appear to remove the underlying causes of ROS, but would help lessen their impact. I'll look into this some more because anything with that much redox potential theoretically should be an potent addition to our immune system. One thing PQQ should do is reduce the amount of melatonin that is used as an antioxidant and allow it to be used like we expect it to be used.

An interesting quote from the artilce: "Hence, an external source of PQQ may be important in sustaining human and animal tissue levels of PQQ, as well as maintaining an optimal enteric environment." I find this interesting because in my personal experience, eating a salad every day doesn't show much noticeable effect on my health but when I eat at least 2 1/2 quarts of mixed salad per day, I see a noticeable improvement in my symptoms. All plants have been shown to have PQQ in them.

What I will do is take these articles and go through many, if not all, of the 90 references listed. I'm looking for specifics that may help my issues, which I have always thought were a Janus Kinase and STAT issue. PQQ does have effects on that signalling pathway.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/67e7/9a44fae935604412b950a2af2ca8e061324b.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.