Votes: 96 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tickledone

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Vote now. Poll is based on opinions I’ve seen posted online

1) i don’t see how in the world this gets done by someone outside of the crew/nascar. those garages and haulers are supposedly under constant surveillance. the COVID precautions they’re using would make it even harder.

2) taking #1 into consideration, it’s really hard to believe it was anyone on his crew. they would know there was zero chance of getting away with it.

3) NASCAR did it

Making a noose seems like a lot of effort. What a weird story.

I was at dega in the infield in the mid 90s when a black family either took a wrong turn or dad made a bad decision. Their car was circled with both men and women screaming the N word and stuff was being thrown at them from everywhere. Two young boys were in the back scared for their lives. I almost threw up and will never forget the images for as long as I live. I've never gone back.

All that to say, I'm not surprised bc that type of Racism doesn't die out of that population in 30 yrs in my opinion.

It still amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to argue that real racism doesn't exist on any significant level in this country.
I’m not a racism denier. The story is strange though. I know their are a lot of them out there but it would take a real dumbass to do that this weekend. Garages are limited to just crew and officials. No fans are even in the infield much less the garage. That narrows it down greatly. Also, not only do the garages have the whole area on camera, but so does every crew with their own shit. To do something like that and think no one would know takes a real dumbass. I get footage not being released at this time, but usually a picture would be floating around for something like this and I’ve seen nothing.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fan. I was at the track yesterday and there were almost as many track workers and NASCAR officials as there were fans. Plus the garage area is closed to fans due to Chinese Lung AIDS.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a distasteful 'joke' attempt gone bad or NASCAR trying to garner support

Nobody argues that idiots don't exist. They point out it's not systematic, nor curable by buring down black businesses nor defacing the Lincoln monument.

And they're wrong, except for the last statement.

Every single time an incident occurs there are people saying it was faked.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
I mean have you been paying attention lately as to the amount of faked racial controversies that made the news? Hell there was a Mayor not too long ago that complained about a noose in the part...it was a damn tree swing.

Reactions: Callmeabug
I mean have you been paying attention lately as to the amount of faked racial controversies that made the news? Hell there was a Mayor not too long ago that complained about a noose in the part...it was a damn tree swing.

They never stopped saying it was faked and refuse to acknowledge incidents at all.

Most are downright glib about it.

They never stopped saying it was faked and refuse to acknowledge incidents at all.

Most are downright glib about it.
I've yet to see one actual incidence that makes the news that turned out to be accurate. Until that changes, well people are going to be skeptical. No one is stating racism doesn't exist, we're all humans, we all have some form of stereotypical judgement on another person based on their appearance, skin pigment, etc...but someone planting a noose in 2020, yea I don't believe it until I see it for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atiger71
Racism is alive and well in all races, not to the degree portrayed in our current climate. The noose is a set up, fake, whatever you want to call it. Just smells of Soros. Don’t know by who, but set up all the same IMO.

Remember when the Jewish boy called in bomb threats to the JCC in Mountain Brook and other places around the country?

Reactions: Jackson68
It still amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to argue that real racism doesn't exist on any significant level in this country.
racism exists in every country, but i wish they would rename it majorityism. it is as disingenuous to believe it doesn’t exist as it is to believe that white people are the only people on earth capable of it. in every country on earth, systemic oppression of ethnic minorities by whatever the ethnic majority is occurs. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

racism has two branches: people who for whatever stupid and unfounded reason believe they are better than someone else on the basis of race, and a systemic structure that benefits the majority at the expense of the minority(use).

i believe the former is becoming more rare, but it does exist because stupid and evil people exist. the latter will always exist. studies have shown that kids as young as 6 years old gravitate to their own race (develop preference) and away from other races. this isn’t learned behavior, it’s inherent. that expression follows all facets of society as people age, and in a majority situation results in the levers of power, business, and representation tilted toward those who share the same race.

There’s definitely racism and it will exist until Jesus comes back as we’re living in a fallen world. Still does not mean we don’t try to be better. That said, calling bs on this.

ADVERTISEMENT