• Legit racism

Votes: 131 44.1%
  • Staged by his crew

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • Staged by NASCAR to get more support for their decision on the flag

Votes: 96 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every single time an incident occurs there are people saying it was faked.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
5889519_012920-wls-smollett-anniversary-430-vid.jpg

Any publicity is good publicity for a dying sport. More people are talking about NASCAR today than in the past 10 years. Don't be naive.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the reazun I thank itz a publicity stunt iz beekuzz it takes an hour to go look at the film in the cameras in the garage to see wut, if anythang took plaze. This wuz reeported to have hapenned yestaday and we still have not herd anythang frum NASCAR or the POE-LEEEECE. Thay wanted the attenshun foe the race.
I hope I'm rite heer.

Any publicity is good publicity for a dying sport. More people are talking about NASCAR today than in the past 10 years. Don't be naive.

They have actually had great publicity over the past few weeks and rightfully so.

If you think that some NASCAR exec thought it would be a good idea to plant a noose for "publicity," you should probably reconsider referring to anyone as "naive" ever again. The fact that this is your default response to something like this is just sad.

Reactions: CowardlyToaster
They have actually had great publicity over the past few weeks and rightfully so.

If you think that some NASCAR exec thought it would be a good idea to plant a noose for "publicity," you should probably reconsider referring to anyone as "naive" ever again. The fact that this is your default response to something like this is just sad.
I ain't know that anybody iz saying that "NASCAR PLANTED IT."
Don't you find it odd dat with all the security cameras around, we ain't herd nothing yet?

5363455_062519-wls-smollett-timeline-spoton-vid.jpg

See my previous comments about your default response.

The logical leap to assume that NASCAR is involved in planting nooses to boost publicity based on some idiot actor in Chicago is quite fascinating.
I haven't assumed anything. The question has been asked repeatedly why anyone would question this story of a noose being placed in a stall at the race track. That story, that was run with unquestioned nationwide, is why people would have doubts about the story along with the fact that no pictures of said noose have been shown and zero details of where and how it was found are being reported. There are cameras all over that place not to mention I find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't have taken a cell phone picture of it? I have no idea if it happened or not and certainly if there ever is a place where it could happen it could be Talladega. I guess we shall see or maybe not.

Reactions: pl4au
I haven't assumed anything. The question has been asked repeatedly why anyone would question this story of a noose being placed in a stall at the race track. That story, that was run with unquestioned nationwide, is why people would have doubts about the story along with the fact that no pictures of said noose have been shown and zero details of where and how it was found are being reported. There are cameras all over that place not to mention I find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't have taken a cell phone picture of it? I have no idea if it happened or not and certainly if there ever is a place where it could happen it could be Talladega. I guess we shall see or maybe not.

It has been a story for less than 24 hours. Rather than see what develops, you go with the default response of “fake news” and call people naive for not considering that NASCAR might throw all of their recent, positive PR out the window by deliberately participating in what would be an all-time pants-shitting.

Fun conspiracy theory... not founded in any sort of logic whatsoever.

1) i don’t see how in the world this gets done by someone outside of the crew/nascar. those garages and haulers are supposedly under constant surveillance. the COVID precautions they’re using would make it even harder.

2) taking #1 into consideration, it’s really hard to believe it was anyone on his crew. they would know there was zero chance of getting away with it.

3) NASCAR did it

I don't necessarily agree with you, on principle, but it's hard to argue with your impeccable logic.

Reactions: jrodb24
Haz NASCAR or anybody made any statements regarding the "NOOSE."
BUBBA mentchuned it afta the race yeztaday but I ain't herd wut the POE-LEEECE or NASCAR iz saying.
Not that I know of..but the FBI is investigating this and it "happened" on Saturday, so we may not hear anything about it for a couple weeks.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
So it appears the "noose" turned out to be a a freaking rope to pull the garage door down...
EbLJ4vAWAAA8dou

I figured the noose story was horshi.t. Wallace is a middling driver that lost a sponsorship during iRacing because he showed his a$$ and rage quit during a race. Nascar doesn't want its only AA driver to end up losing his ride and becoming a backmarker.

It was blatantly obvious yesterday that Nascar tried to have the fix in. Go back and watch the race, Jimmy Johnson pushed Wallace around the track all day. Tried to push him to the front, but Wallace is not a good enough driver to stay there. JJ's car was far and away faster and it showed at the end. Before you say, Why would JJ do that?, know that he's a 7 time champion with 83 wins driving for Rick Hendrick, a beneficiary of Nascar looking the other way for years at their constant rule violations. Tit for tat. I also guarantee that if someone would have tried to put the 43 into the wall, Nascar would have their a$$ for it.

Thing is, Ryan Blaney and his owner Roger Penske were having none of it and took it to the house

NASCAR would have zero incentive to fabricate such a thing. They have received very positive publicity for their actions leading up to this.

Logic be damned around here.
Correct, but there is plenty of reason for them to rush out in support of this without knowing all the facts. There is a 0% chance that they staged this to get publicity. There is a 100% chance they didn't want to be seen as the guys who were saying "Let's get all the facts before we throw the entire weight of NASCAR behind the idea that in the year 2020, someone hung a goddamn NOOSE in our driver's garage".

Reactions: 00aubie
Correct, but there is plenty of reason for them to rush out in support of this without knowing all the facts. There is a 0% chance that they staged this to get publicity. There is a 100% chance they didn't want to be seen as the guys who were saying "Let's get all the facts before we throw the entire weight of NASCAR behind the idea that in the year 2020, someone hung a goddamn NOOSE in our driver's garage".

No argument there... it’s the only PR move they can really make at that point.

Haz NASCAR or anybody made any statements regarding the "NOOSE."
BUBBA mentchuned it afta the race yeztaday but I ain't herd wut the POE-LEEECE or NASCAR iz saying.
Don't know if you heard yet doc. In case you have been passed out from huffing crazy glue I will fill you in.

FBI said it was bullshit.

Reactions: audeuce02
Actually it

It was a pull down release. So they probably lost or broke the red plastic handle and just tied it in a loop for a handle. But to each to their own.
This happened on a barn door I have and I’ll confess that the end of my rope is tied in a “noose” so I can easily grab and pull it.

I actually lost my red handle when a goat got up on a stack of pallets and ate the handle.

ADVERTISEMENT