ADVERTISEMENT

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

NashTiger in WilCo

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Shivers, Pritchett, Hamm and Council, ....just kidding

Absolutely nobody has been harder on our Coordinators than I have. Because they really seemed to suck, right up thru halftime in Baton Rouge.

I gotta tell you, we didn't have an excellent coaching performance for all the ages, but from what I saw, we called a good enough game today on both sides of the ball to compete and even win. This game was lost more on execution. Extremely poor efforts at key junctures by players, not coaches. We were basically even with Georgia thru almost 3 full quarters in Total Offense, First Downs, 3rd down conversions, etc.

We were behind because of drops, turnover, and not making plays when the opportunity was there. And, a big assist or two from the Ken Williamson crew. In the 4th quarter, the talent gap showed up as they wore us down, and we quit tackling (disappoint). But we Should have been leading the #1 team in the country at the start of the 4th.

Kobe Hudson was fantastic. I have been hard on him, but he really balled out today. Zion Puckett caught some flack here, but he was also good. Roger McCreary - they mostly avoided him except for posting up a 6'11" TE on him. He is still the only guy breaking up passes, and was great in run support the few times they ran outside. as far as OL - Austin Troxell really stood out by not completely getting overmatched at times.

Shivers was abysmal. Just FVCKING awful, probably a 14 point swing in the game by him alone. Pritchett also had his worst game of his career.

As for Hamm and Council, is it just me, or do they seem bigger, but slower and softer and less athletic than last year? Council looks like he has been retired 10 years. Being hurt in the off-season doesn't matter 6 weeks in, he should be in shape by now. Gotta question either Friend or our S&C guy for Coach of the Week dishonors. (We also don't seem to really knock ourselves out blocking on the FG team).

As for RT, maybe we should try someone more athletic out there , Coffey or Zierer? Alec Jackson?Move Hamm to LG, maybe try AJ at Guard. Something. If we had Hamm or AJ at LG next to Trox, we might be able to run to the left

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.