ADVERTISEMENT

Paying a $21 Million buy-out during Covid is bad look!

Dec 14, 2020
If in fact you guys pay Gus to walk away during a time when small companies all over the country are going out business creates a bad look. Not only are businesses suffering but so are people. So, Im just saying why not hold on to the guy one more year until the country heals? It has been a very difficult year to coach so cutting a coach loose now with a winning record and paying that kind of cash leaves some shaking their heads. Im sure I will be blasted but at the end of the day their is more to this world then football.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Aubie should have sought Art Briles or Freeze before terminating Gus, JMO. Matt Campbell, Tom Herman, or Napier would have been better hires than Kevin Steele but I do think there must be more to the story.

giphy.gif

And
If in fact you guys pay Gus to walk away during a time when small companies all over the country are going out business creates a bad look. Not only are businesses suffering but so are people. So, Im just saying why not hold on to the guy one more year until the country heals? It has been a very difficult year to coach so cutting a coach loose now with a winning record and paying that kind of cash leaves some shaking their heads. Im sure I will be blasted but at the end of the day their is more to this world then football.
And you are?

And

And you are?
I college football fan. So now you have your new guy and when he goes 3-5 against Nick will you give him $21 Million? The Auburn coaching job is like hitting the lottery. You cant beat Bama so take the job and walk away never needing to work again.

ADVERTISEMENT