ADVERTISEMENT

Patriotism vs. Nationalism

Sorry you don't understand the subtleties of language. It's sad and I feel sorry for you. You miss so much when you insist on keeping your head in the sand as the world about you changes.
I find it fascinating that the Cultural Marxists are the sole authority on the new definitions of words, rather than Actual common usage (see: Racism), and have the ability to declare the meaning changed instantaneously at the moment it suits their purposes

Well for one thing, I think all those dudes were dead before the two words drifted away from one another.
Its best you just acknowledge you are way out of your depth

Nationalism is an organizing principle, a belief that common peoples should be self governing for their mutual advancement. Patriotism is an outward display of nationalistic fervor. They are akin to love vs romance. Or Thoughts vs Feelings

Hitler and Stalin were great patriots. A generation ago, Patriotism was the dirty word on the Left. And Nationalism was the rage.

Just like a few months ago visiting Mt Rushmore was awesome instead of racist

Last edited:
Black Panthers were called Black Nationalists. The KKK were called White Nationalists.

I've never heard a hate group described as Patriots.

3692724-screen%20shot%202020-06-30%20at%209.16.48%20am.png

Reactions: BAW02
The meaning of words changes all the time. The definitions you see in dictionary are a representation of the etiology over sometimes thousands of years of human development. There are few words which mean precisely what they meant when they first emerged into common use.

Again all this is meant to tie conservatism to white supremacy. How do you reconcile other countries thinking more nationally?

If you insist...all this is an attempt to get conservatism linked to white supremacy. Anywho, with all of the stupid people in this thread we should be able to keep this going for another page or two. Let’s do this.

If you insist...all this is an attempt to get conservatism linked to white supremacy. Anywho, with all of the stupid people in this thread we should be able to keep this going for another page or two. Let’s do this.
In all seriousness, conservatism is great IMO. Of the "ideals" out there, it genuinely makes the most sense to me. Of course, I don't agree with every aspect of the doctrine, but I've always considered myself way more conservative than liberal even if I'm no longer allowed in the club.

Membership has its privileges.

If you want to be an American go throught the process. It is open to all. If you want to work here to better yourself then I am for a more Japanese approach - You can work here, we will not be mean to you and will treat you fairly BUT you have zero privileges reserved for our citizens. If you want those you must apply for citizenship.

As for Nationalism.... we are Americans not citizens of the world. Like all other nations our interest should only ever be self serving.
We should be respectful to all people but we are Americans first and foremost.

Reactions: BAW02 and Big Blue
In all seriousness, conservatism is great IMO. Of the "ideals" out there, it genuinely makes the most sense to me. Of course, I don't agree with every aspect of the doctrine, but I've always considered myself way more conservative than liberal even if I'm no longer allowed in the club.

Yeah and I have always been conservative but I am a live and let live kinda guy. More conservative folks have transitioned here now. I do like a good debate and I want to be challenged to see if what I believe makes sense even when presented with other thoughts.

Reactions: CowardlyToaster
Its best you just acknowledge you are way out of your depth

Nationalism is an organizing principle, a belief that common peoples should organize and be self governing for their mutual advancement. Patriotism is an outward display of nationalistic fervor. They are akin to love vs romance.

Hitler and Stalin were great patriots. A generation ago, Patriotism was the dirty word on the Left. And Nationalism was the rage.

Just like a few months ago visiting Mt Rushmore was awesome instead of racist
https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199756223/obo-9780199756223-0283.xml

I find it fascinating that the Cultural Marxists are the sole authority on the new definitions of words, rather than Actual common usage (see: Racism), and have the ability to declare the meaning changed instantaneously at the moment it suits their purposes

You planning on burning that straw man with all the "Cultural Marxists" - itself a meaningless term coined by you especially via use of capitalization like your idiot leader - in it?

You planning on burning that straw man with all the "Cultural Marxists" - itself a meaningless term coined by you especially via use of capitalization like your idiot leader - in it?
Meaningless?

Marxists view everything thru the prism of a struggle between Economic Classes. Cultural Marxists borrow the same rhetoric but view everything thru the lens of Culltural Identity. Thats a pretty simple to understand meaning.

Im going to have to start charging you tuition soon

Last edited:
Reactions: Libertytiger
A patriot always loves his country but not always his government. I saw that quote on COD MW2. That and one about how the press is the propaganda mouthpiece of communist countries.
Pretty good quotes IMHO.
So do you think a free press is antithetical to the ability for self-governance?

Meaningless?

Marxistsview evertthing thru the prism of a steuggle between Economic Classes. Cultural Marxists boreow the same rhetoric but view everything thru the lens of Culltural Identity. Thats a pretty simple to understand meaning.

Im going to have to start charging you tuition soon

You're going to have to start acting as if you actually know something instead of something you read in a book and regurgitated here if you're going to charge anyone, and as far as charging me, pack a lunch.

Thus far I haven't seen anyone do anything other than run circles around your elementary understanding of things.

You're going to have to start acting as if you actually know something instead of something you read in a book and regurgitated here if you're going to charge anyone, and as far as charging me, pack a lunch.

Thus far I haven't seen anyone do anything other than run circles around your elementary understanding of things.
Yes, sure. I invented the meaningless term. Im sorry I have such an elementary understanding of words as to mean their actual meaning, without an endless list of qualifications as to change their value based on the identity of the speaker. My simplistic mind works simplistically like that, reading books as opposed to having things Voxsplained to me.

I notice you never got back to me in the Mike Gundy thread when I posted examples of actual anti- American agenda, or shameless callow propagandizing, your choice, in News reporting, not opinion talking heads. You gonna get around to that?

Last edited:
Yes, sure. I invented the meaningless teem.

I notice you nevee got back to me in the Mike Gundy thread when I posted examples of actual anti- American agenda, or shameless callow propagandizing, your choice, in News reporting, not opinion talking heads. You gonna get around to that?

No. No reason. Once again, you intentionally skirt the question in all instances and try to change the issue to a question that suits you.

Stay on topic and sure, I'll discuss with you.

No. No reason. Once again, you intentionally skirt the question in all instances and try to change the issue to a question that suits you.

Stay on topic and sure, I'll discuss with you.
What question? So far, you havent put forth any sort of argument, just sophistry, tautology, and "running circles" somehow by offering sophomoric insults without mustering a coherent thought to counter a single thing Ive said. So who is skirting what?

Hmm, well, there might be a bit of truth is America enjoys influence from everywhere. I wouldn't say I like to get into these subjects because everyone has a different opinion and life principles, so we can not always agree on everything. That's why I don't really admire lots of public persons. I recently heard about karim jivraj, and I was impressed by his life work and plans. He is a Canadian politician activist, but because I am also in the legal sphere, I was impressed by the fact that he is completing the licensing process in view of being called to the Bar. You could read his article, and you will be fascinated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT