ADVERTISEMENT

Our baby (12) daughter was in a significant ATV crash today. She's ok...

aubie2000

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2003
First, I must say God is so good. Second, I loathe atvs when it comes to my kids. This was one of those side by side monsters. She only rides them around the in-laws area out in the country. We told her she couldn't drive without an adult (she was in the drivers seat) and didn't realize the other kids drove it all the time. So, after we walked away because my wifes 95 year old grandmother said she needed to talk to us; which we knew had to be important; she rode with our 11 year old neice, who was driving when it rolled. My baby somehow rolled into a ball to protect herself from severe injuries when it rolled over; landing directly beside our neice in the on the hood from the drivers compartment side. Our neice is in surgery at this hour and will be in icu after. Our baby held onto her phone the whole time, it didn't have a scratch and worked, she called my RN wife and hysterically told her it flipped and her cousin needed desperate help, but due to the signal, couldn't hear a word my wife said, nor tell my wife where they were as she has never been out that far (I didn't even know all of that area was out there myself). She then proceeded to call 911 and wait. They were about a 10 minute car ride due to the terrain, and a 30 minute walk away from us. We had no idea she had even hopped back on it. I used life 360 to find them and my RN wife stayed with our niece while I carried my baby to a patch of dirt (severely allergic to grass and severe asthma with no inhaler for miles) because she was hysterical and had scrapes all down her back and a large bruise forming where she had been hit by a metal rod on her lower back, and also hit her head. I got on the phone with 911 to try to talk the dispatcher how-to get out there, while keeping my baby awake per their orders, and trying to calm her because of her asthma. She was in shock and her eyes were rolling back, and that was enough to quickly turn this old Dad of three girls, into mush, not knowing the severity of her injuries. I'm saying all this to you to to ask for prayers for all, especially my daughter, who is healing physically and emotionally after making incredibly sound decisions in a hysterical situation after the accident occurred, that could have ended alot worse if she hadn't; and my sweet neice as she will be in icu after surgery, at 11 years old and will have a long road to recovery. Thanks, Bunk.

UPDATE
Neice out of first of likely several surgeries. In critical condition, ICU. Needs lots of prayers. She is awake and fighting, and she is one tough kid. Like tough as nails. As they were taking her off the scene, I looked her in the eyes and told her it was gonna be ok. She side eyed me like I was crazy for even considering that she would think otherwise, and in her sassy voice said, "I know that." I'm heartbroken for her, and my two youngest, that the scene will forever be seared in their brains.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.