ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What does the bunk think about the U.S. Army's new XM7/MCX Spear? (Assuming the platform is fully adopted)

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
While I have zero doubt that the XM7's new 6.8mm round will be extremely effective at vaporizing commies I do have concerns about handing out rifles that heavy with ammunition that hot to every mouth breathing manlet enlisted grunt that's 5'6" in boots and weighs 125 pounds soaking wet. Also think the Army might be a little optimistic regarding how effective that fancy new high-tech optic they're equipping each rifle will be when most of the guys using it possess a room temperature IQ and only graduated high school because of child left behind. Think it would be a great weapon for officers and maybe enlisted squad leaders/NCO's but maybe I'm underestimating our nation's fighting forces.

Very much want the MCX Spear and think it is extremely cool but wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ditch the 6.8mm and adopt the new platform while rechambering it for 5.56, basically adopting a beefier regular MCX.

PICS:

L3Zizfk.jpg
3pwN5sM.jpg
S8JNRNs.jpg
kvwPjzZ.jpg
vDoE1Fo.jpg

LULZ:
cMYNafY.jpg

diaHPTe.jpg

Reactions: Boisgreat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.