ADVERTISEMENT

OT/Update: I’ll be on the ballot in November!

MattAU05

'FULL HOUSE' FAN
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Daphne, AL
For those who care (some had asked for an update), just got word today from the the Secretary of State that my ballot access petition was sufficient and I’ll be on the ballot as a Libertarian for Alabama House District 96.

Below is the press release which may or may not actually be released to the press (it’s been sent to AL.com, but who knows if they’ll care or not). For those who have donated or liked my Facebook page (@ElectMattShelby), thank you! I knew I likely had enough signatures (I submitted about 650 and only needed 367), but was still nervous, so today was a good day!

****FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE****

Daphne, AL - The voters of Alabama House District 96, which comprises Daphne, Spanish Fort, and portions of North Mobile County, will have a third choice when they go to the ballot box on November 6th. The Alabama Secretary of State has confirmed that Matt Shelby has qualified and will appear on the November 2018 ballot as the Libertarian Party candidate for House 96.

“The two-party system has failed this nation, state and community. And, though third parties are often at an electoral disadvantage compared with the old parties, I am confident my fellow citizens understand that it isn’t about the letter next to your name. It is about the person you are, the ideas you have, and your dedication to improving your community. I am excited to give the citizens of the area that I know and love a chance to vote for a truly different direction. We have been doing the same thing for too long, and I know that I present true, positive change for Alabama, and that I can help bring about a brighter, more prosperous future for all of our children,” Mr. Shelby said.

Matt is a Baldwin County native and his family’s roots in the area go back until the early 1900s. Hereceived a B.A. in Philosophy from Auburn University and went on to the University Of Alabama School Of Law on a Dean’s Merit Scholarship. After graduating with his Jurist Doctorate in 2008, he returned home to Baldwin County where he served until December, 2009 as an Assistant District Attorney before going into private practice. He currently practices law at the Citrin Law Firm in Daphne.

Matt lives in Daphne with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children. He is a member of Christ the King Church. He was active in the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns of Republican Ron Paul, as well the 2016 presidential campaign of Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson, and currently serves as the Secretary of the Libertarian Party of Baldwin County.

He has promised to fight government corruption through his support for term limits. Matt wants to address an overloaded justice and prison system through criminal justice reform. “We spend too much money arresting, prosecuting and jailing people for drug crimes,” he said. “Through my time as the Baldwin County Drug Prosecutor, it became obvious that we need to treat non-violent drug offenders as what they are: people with an illness. By focusing on rehabilitation over incarceration, we will lighten the load on the courts, law enforcement, and the pocket-book of the Alabama tax-payer.”

Matt Shelby will appear on the ballot for the November 6, 2018 general election for House District 96 against a Republican and Democratic opponent. For more information about his campaign, you can visit www.ElectMattShelby.com or his Facebook page, Elect Matt Shelby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.