ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greatest opening lines in songs.

adean04

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2010
Skipperville, AL
In my boredom today I came across a list of what the site said were the 25 best opening lines in popular music songs. So, I figured, the Bunker is the place for experts of everything, let's see what songs they think have the best opening lines.

Here are some of my favorites:

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul and faith." Sympathy for the Devil- The Rolling Stones
"Hello darkness my old friend. I've come to talk with you again." The Sound of Silence- Simon and Garfunkel
"There must be some kind of way outta here, said the joker to the theif." All Along the Watchtower Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix
"Jeremiah was a bullfrog." Joy to the World- Three Dog Night
"Oh, Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law." Renegade- Styx
"She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean. She was the best damn woman that I ever seen." You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
"Generals gathered in their masses. Just like witches at black masses. Evil minds that plot destruction. Sorceror of death's construction." War Pigs- Black Sabbath
"I hurt myself today. To see if I still feel. I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real..." Hurt NIN/Johnny Cash

And of course: "Oh my God Becky, look at her butt." Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News