ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gina Carano fired (Mandalorian)

I was referencing the Trump/Nazi comparisons. But you go ahead and use whatever straw man you feel promotes your viewpoint better. Its nothing new here.

Then you need to quote that my man. this is what dude said that you responded to:
How many times has the media compared Trump and right-wingers to Nazism? How many members of the media have shamed anyone who voted for Trump and said they should not be "forgiven." Yet that kind of speech is not only accepted but applauded.

He mentioned Trump, right-wingers and voters. If you were trying to say only Trump, then you need to say that. But your reply was a blanket. To me, this is why so much is lost in translation these days.

Then you need to quote that my man. this is what dude said that you responded to:
How many times has the media compared Trump and right-wingers to Nazism? How many members of the media have shamed anyone who voted for Trump and said they should not be "forgiven." Yet that kind of speech is not only accepted but applauded.

He mentioned Trump, right-wingers and voters. If you were trying to say only Trump, then you need to say that. But your reply was a blanket. To me, this is why so much is lost in translation these days.
There ya go. Fixed. Trump comparisons are completely valid.

Repubs 'offered to remove Greene from her committees'? When and where? I need to see proof of that. Everything I saw was that they refused to do so. I agree they removed Steve King and felt like they would do the same with Greene, but I read that they refused.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?50849...removal-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-committees

Couldn't get it to embed... but here is the quote from McCarthy when directly addressing congress:

"I offered Leader Hoyer a path to lower the temperatures and address these concerns in a productive way. I offered to remove Representative Greene from Ed and Labor... but it was rejected. It was rejected."

Reactions: Big Blue
1. She's been cruising for a brusing for some time now and I'd be shocked if she had not been reprimanded prior to the termination.

2. Comparing any situation to the Nazi treatment of Jews will get you canned in the wood and she should have known better. There are ways she could have expressed her position (a position I see some validity in.....SOME) without doing so.

3. Her publicist should be fired for not requiring all tweets to flow through the office or not filtering this tweet. People being canceled left and right and you allow her to continue while she is developing a character on one of the world's most popular shows. FFS
2 is false. Blatantly false. Everyone in the Infotainment establishment just spent 4 years calling everyone they didnt like Nazis. including her co-stars

Reactions: fntiger
Dude. Every time I try and meet you in the middle, you jump the shark. I essentially agreed with you and stated she was let go for yes, likely not following Disney's culture, etc. Please READ. Good grief man. I noticed how you completely ignored the other folks I mentioned such as actors and musicians, who are overwhelmingly on the left. Rarely are they fired for their crazy tweets or theories or accusations. In fact, they are often treated with praise and pats on the back. Please don't argue that one b/c you can't. So let me rephrase, liberal celebrities are not treated the same as non-liberals with regards to speech deemed offensive.

As far as government employees, go, yes there are certain protections but they aren't immune. You also dodged my point about Ilhan Omar and her numerous anti-Semitic statements/tropes. She has never once been censored by her own party. Not the same playing field, man.

why would you ever argue with that?

Last edited:
I fully support her! F those liberals
Exactly. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on how many celebs, politicians, mediots etc. called the sitting president of the US, at the time, Hitler/white supremacist and anyone who disagreed with them Nazis/klan members? Hell after the election, Don Lemon called every single person who voted republican/Trump Klan members and Nazis. Then the geniuses on the view went after one of their own, Van Jones, for taking a "smiling" pic with Candace Owens at an event. None of which were reprimanded or canceled. See both below.

this is the wrong board for this. however what's going on in America is out of control. We are so far removed from 'sticks and stones will hurt you' that this country is unrecognizable. No words or thoughts should be off limits, no person or people should be able to ban words or speech they find objectionable. any person hurt by a name or label is so weak they deserve it. we teach softness. this isn't one side or the other its now everyone
She made an overwrought comparison. it was stupid and ill-advised. Just like every other time some dipshit opens their mouth and makes a stupid, overwrought point using the Holocaust as a catalyst to display their ignorance.

She didn’t demean anyone or any group or do anything that the people criticizing her don’t do and haven’t done. This is about who said something, not about what was said.

So you think we're at danger of targeting people who have certain political views, physically attacking them, rounding them up to torture, starve and kill?

will it ever get as fas as to killing ? I hope not.. but we absolutely are already targeting people bc of their political views, censoring them on all media platforms, using government agencies like the FBI and IRS to go after them... and presuming them guilty through media and misinformation in order to cancel and control them... but I guess I’m just paranoid...

I was referencing the Trump/Nazi comparisons. But you go ahead and use whatever straw man you feel promotes your viewpoint better. Its nothing new here.

you’re a joke .. you have no real arguments and can make no rebuttals.. you just throw out one line comments and think you’re killing it when deep down you know you got nothing

you’re a joke .. you have no real arguments and can make no rebuttals.. you just throw out one line comments and think you’re killing it when deep down you know you got nothing
Interesting. Seems like something someone would say when they have no real argument or can't make a rebuttal. Sorry about your cult leader bruh.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?50849...removal-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-committees

Couldn't get it to embed... but here is the quote from McCarthy when directly addressing congress:

"I offered Leader Hoyer a path to lower the temperatures and address these concerns in a productive way. I offered to remove Representative Greene from Ed and Labor... but it was rejected. It was rejected."
Thanks for the info, I listened and looked up some more sources..... so he offered to take her off one committee but not both.... Ed and Labor is one committee but she was also on Budget. That did show some willingness to make a deal. I thought it was total refusal from McCarthy.

Reactions: brazilnut
That's also incorrect. The "spirit' of the Constitution also has nothing to do with private companies. That's why the founders made it crystal clear that the 1st Amendment only applies to the government. This situation is a great example of how free speech in our country works. Anyone is free to say anything they want without any penalty from the government provided they aren't committing a crime. Meanwhile, private companies are also free to not employee anyone they like if they think their speech is damaging to their brand. If Gina Carano was an Islamic extremist pushing a violent conspiracy theory that called for the murder of American elected officials, no one ITT would be complaining about Disney deciding not to renew her contract. The only hypocrisy at play ITT is from folks who think people they agree with should be allowed to say anything they like without any consequences.

I find it hard to believe that a red-blooded American will argue against another persons God given right to express their political views. We aren't talking about calls to "murder". You are generalizing a type of conservative thought with "Islamic extremist...violent conspiracy theory that called for the murder of American elected officials". That is intellectually dishonest, and it carries the stench of unprincipled tribalism that only cares about their side accumulating power.

I find it hard to believe that a red-blooded American will argue against another persons God given right to express their political views. We aren't talking about calls to "murder". You are generalizing a type of conservative thought with "Islamic extremist...violent conspiracy theory that called for the murder of American elected officials". That is intellectually dishonest, and it carries the stench of unprincipled tribalism that only cares about their side accumulating power.
Wrong. The core belief of the Q anon conspiracy, which Carano, Majorie Taylor-Greene and many others have promoted, is that Democrats are part of a demonic cabal of pedophilic cannibals. Q's primary prophecy is that Trump will eventually initiate "the storm" where leading Democratic lawmakers and other liberals, like Tom Hanks, are rounded up and executed.

Wrong. The core belief of the Q anon conspiracy, which Carano, Majorie Taylor-Greene and many others have promoted, is that Democrats are part of a demonic cabal of pedophilic cannibals. Q's primary prophecy is that Trump will eventually initiate "the storm" where leading Democratic lawmakers and other liberals, like Tom Hanks, are rounded up and executed.

Where do you see tweets of her promoting Q Anon?

Where do you see tweets of her promoting Q Anon?

First time engaging?

So...if she espoused anything to do with a q conspiracy...she's dyed in the wool and fully believes anything and everything espoused by q. It's how he operates.

There are no in betweens.

I work for a big corporation. We have an entire department staffed to monitor our social media posts. We have training every year warning us of the boundaries and what will happen if we cross them.

I like my job. I don’t post stupid shit, except here of course lol.

Wikipedia much?

• Haha
Reactions: 94WDE
I work for a big corporation. We have an entire department staffed to monitor our social media posts. We have training every year warning us of the boundaries and what will happen if we cross them.

I like my job. I don’t post stupid shit, except here of course lol.
so if someone expresses support for blm they are fired

She made an overwrought comparison. it was stupid and ill-advised. Just like every other time some dipshit opens their mouth and makes a stupid, overwrought point using the Holocaust as a catalyst to display their ignorance.

She didn’t demean anyone or any group or do anything that the people criticizing her don’t do and haven’t done. This is about who said something, not about what was said.

Hell, Anderson Cooper compared the Capitol riot to Rwandan genocide - tell me the difference here in their message

The crux of Cooper’s comparison to the genocides in Bosnia and Rwanda in the 1990s was what he referred to as the “otherizing” of people by former President Donald Trump and his supporters.

“Part of it, I think, just based on what you were just saying, it comes to mind, the idea of otherizing people is something I think we saw a lot of over the last four years,” the CNN host said. “I mean, certainly we’ve seen a lot over the last decades, but it’s so easy to otherize people, to make people other than — other than American, other than patriotic, other than human.”

“You know, and we’ve seen it in Bosnia, we’ve seen it in Rwanda, where radio was telling people that, you know, Hutus were telling the radio listeners that Tutsi were cockroaches for, you know, getting them ginned up for genocide,” the anchor continued.

Reactions: Auburnication
Reading through all this it’s sad and hilarious at the same time.

Bottom line is Hollywood is all for strong women until they express an opinion on their own

Reactions: dlc02
Private companies have a right to do what they want.

Disney doesn't want to piss off the mob simple as that.

With that said....

The woke leftism is clearly in control of the culture and social media.

Nick Cannon was literally just hired back by CBS, and he flat out said white people are savages. As mentioned her own co-star compared Trump policies to to Nazi Germany and nothing was done.

Privates companies can do whatever they want, but politics and business are affected by culture and I think there is a pretty big double standard in the culture today.

You do realize that you are comparing what Disney's management decided to do, directly apples to apples, with what CBS's management decided to do?

It appears that you and others made the same mistake, and that you guys are so gung-ho to talk about the discrimination you feel you are facing, that you miss the fact that it's a different group of people making the decision about Gina, than it was making the decision on Nick, so it's not an apples to apples comparison in this particular case.

Last edited:
That's a complete differently argument. Whether he incited a riot or not. Regardless there is a cultural double standard. Take out Trump. Plenty of other examples out there.

So, do you feel that a cultural double-standard played a role in THIS particular situation, (i.e. Gina's)? Are you familiar with your tweets and general beliefs on Q-Anon and other edge political things? Does it rise to the level of damaging a company's brand in your opinion?

If Jemele Hill had been employed by Disney/Lucas Film's and made the same level of edgy tweets, do you think they would have fired her?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT