ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gina Carano fired (Mandalorian)

Has cancel culture gone off the rails? Of course it has, but anyone with half a brain would’ve known she was poking the Disney bear too hard. My wife works for a Catholic school system. Does she have opinions on hot button issues? Of course she does. Does she value her paycheck over posting on social media like a middle school girl, you’re damn right she does.

1. She's been cruising for a brusing for some time now and I'd be shocked if she had not been reprimanded prior to the termination.

2. Comparing any situation to the Nazi treatment of Jews will get you canned in the wood and she should have known better. There are ways she could have expressed her position (a position I see some validity in.....SOME) without doing so.

3. Her publicist should be fired for not requiring all tweets to flow through the office or not filtering this tweet. People being canceled left and right and you allow her to continue while she is developing a character on one of the world's most popular shows. FFS

She equated being conservative with being Jewish during Nazi Germany rule.... she continually argues thats COVID 19 isn’t real... and y’all are going to join her side?

You don't have to agree with her to see her point here which is that the first step is to make the population hate a certain segment so much they are willing to beat them in the street. You don't think the media on both sides of the equation is working toward that type of anarchy to sell clicks?

Well done, liberals....and she actually makes a good point. The government as a body is the mouthpiece for division and hatred. Many, and maybe even the majority of liberal people legitamely think you are a horrible person if you are a Republican or supported Trump.

She wasn’t fired. Her contract was up. They are not renewing it, which I think is an important distinction.

But as we say on here: play stupid games, win stupid prizes
this is correct...Disney's statement said as much.
I am sure they would have loved to legit fire her but all they could say was that she wasn't under contract at the time for any properties.

Reactions: AgainstTheSpread
1. She's been cruising for a brusing for some time now and I'd be shocked if she had not been reprimanded prior to the termination.

2. Comparing any situation to the Nazi treatment of Jews will get you canned in the wood and she should have known better. There are ways she could have expressed her position (a position I see some validity in.....SOME) without doing so.

3. Her publicist should be fired for not requiring all tweets to flow through the office or not filtering this tweet. People being canceled left and right and you allow her to continue while she is developing a character on one of the world's most popular shows. FFS

Lmao the liberal media constantly compared Trump to Hitler, many even said he was worse than Hitler.

it didn’t get those people fired, it got them promotions. The fact is our country is going down a bad spot because of cancer culture and the need to attack others based on their political beliefs. It’s turned america into a place that will never truly be United again. Too much brainwashed hatred.

Lmao the liberal media constantly compared Trump to Hitler, many even said he was worse than Hitler.

it didn’t get those people fired, it got them promotions. The fact is our country is going down a bad spot because of cancer culture and the need to attack others based on their political beliefs. It’s turned america into a place that will never truly be United again. Too much brainwashed hatred.
I didn't say it wasn't hypocritical as fk......I'm saying there are 2 sets of rules for that game currently and she knew that.

I don't disagree with anything you posted, other than maybe pointing out (not that I need to, as I don't think it was your point) just bc the far left hyperbolizes comparisons to Nazi/Jew situation it doesn't make it right or smart for the other side of the isle to do so.

Gina Carano fired

What are the bunker’s thoughts on this?
this is the wrong board for this. however what's going on in America is out of control. We are so far removed from 'sticks and stones will hurt you' that this country is unrecognizable. No words or thoughts should be off limits, no person or people should be able to ban words or speech they find objectionable. any person hurt by a name or label is so weak they deserve it. we teach softness. this isn't one side or the other its now everyone

I didn't say it wasn't hypocritical as fk......I'm saying there are 2 sets of rules for that game currently and she knew that.

I don't disagree with anything you posted, other than maybe pointing out (not that I need to, as I don't think it was your point) just bc the far left hyperbolizes comparisons to Nazi/Jew situation it doesn't make it right or smart for the other side of the isle to do so.
so to be clear every employer should be able to fire anyone based on political thought , race, creed or religion. that is what you are advocating. If disney can do as they please shouldn't all companies. the law needs to be applied evenly

so to be clear every employer should be able to fire anyone based on political thought , race, creed or religion. that is what you are advocating. If disney can do as they please shouldn't all companies. the law needs to be applied evenly
Communist States Of America. You know you can’t have freedom of speech in the Communist States of America. Half the country will make a stand sooner than later and we should unless we are going to let these elitist destroy the greatest country in the world

I think disney has a right to hire and fire who they want but I think it sets a dangerous precedent for their reasons on this. From what I have seen, she didn’t say anything that was offensive. But, I haven’t really paid attention and people get offended easily now a days so idk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT