ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Comcast is the worst company on earth

AuburnAlumni

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2006
I used to despise Charter when I lived in Birmingham, but after moving to Chamblee in Atlanta with the wife, Charter has been overtaken by Comcast as #1 on my hate list.

Besides the fact that their customer service is absolutely horrendous, this new internet data cap I'm experiencing is ridiculous.

I have DISH for TV, but Comcast Internet is basically a monopoly in Atlanta. Uverse is around now, but you have to sign up for their TV package to get their internet and it's not much better.

Comcast apparently caps your household at 300GB a month of data usage. Which sounds like a lot of data...until our household of 2 people have gotten hammered for almost 600 GB of usage a month (which sounds insane to me anyway considering we may watch 3 hours or so of streaming TV a night max, with the rest just being internet surfing).

Once you go over 300 GB, Comcast charges you 10$ for every 50 GB you go over. My average Internet bill..just internet..is now over 100 bucks a month like clockwork, even though I travel for work during the week and the wife is only home after 5 and on weekends.

NOW...I see that Comcast, which already controls over a quarter of the entire country's internet service, has bought out the second biggest provider, Time Warner. They expect these data caps to go nationwide very soon and most folks won't have any alternative outside of the Comcast "mafia".

Also...as 4k TVs become more prevalent, and people become more and more "wired in"...I imagine those cap overages will skyrocket. Comcast will make a killing off of this. They made over 4.5 BILLION in profits last year.

Anyway...rant over. Just wanted to say this is BS, Comcast sucks, and I need to move my happy ass to Auburn/Opelika ASAP so I can get the hell away from this monopoly of sucktitude and get me a fiber optic connection from Opelika.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News