ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alabama just passed medical marijuana

MattAU05

'FULL HOUSE' FAN
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Daphne, AL
This is a step I wasn't sure I would see in my lifetime, but Alabama just overwhelmingly approved Senator Melson and Representative Ball's medical marijuana bill with bipartisan support. It took a day and a half of debate, some filibustering, and then some quasi-filibustering via a string of proposed amendments, but it passed 68-34 (1 abstaining).

This is a great day for Alabama!

Just a matter of time before the rest of the dominoes fall and I am down for the ride.
tenor.gif

This is a step I wasn't sure I would see in my lifetime, but Alabama just overwhelmingly approved Senator Melson and Representative Ball's medical marijuana bill with bipartisan support. It took a day and a half of debate, some filibustering, and then some quasi-filibustering via a string of proposed amendments, but it passed 68-34 (1 abstaining).

First I find out about Delta 8 from the Bunker and now this. Great news.

I can’t wait to start my food truck where every dish is infused with THC

You can do that, but it won't be legal in Alabama. The law is very narrow and doesn't allow plant material or food infused with THC. Mostly pills and oils. But it is still more than I ever thought I would see in Alabama. And there were some potentially harmful amendments that were shot down too, which was great to see.

Passed in Mississippi last year and still tied up in court. Expect the same.

Alabama's may have been narrow enough, and passed with such widespread support, that maybe it won't get tied up.

One amendment that was accepted, which could be a sticking point, is that counties have to give permission for a dispensary to open. It was pitched as no different than a business license any other business would need to get, but I could see a number of counties, like Baldwin, to just not allow any.

Alabama's may have been narrow enough, and passed with such widespread support, that maybe it won't get tied up.

One amendment that was accepted, which could be a sticking point, is that counties have to give permission for a dispensary to open. It was pitched as no different than a business license any other business would need to get, but I could see a number of counties, like Baldwin, to just not allow any.
73% of voters in MS voted for it and we're tied up over some stupid wording in our State constitution. Complete BS.

still needs finale senate approval i believe @MattAU05

It passed the Senate first. Still needs Ivey’s signature. But I expect she will sign it.

Edit: It did pass the Senate, but has to go back for approval for concurrence. I suppose based upon some of the amendments offered. What the senate passed previously has had some changes to what the house passed today.

Last edited:
Reactions: crococile22
It passed the Senate first. Still needs Ivey’s signature. But I expect she will sign it.
yea but if you read the article, the house added some ammendments that will still need to be approved. very close to passing but not over the finish line yet. still has to go through the senate and then to ivey

Reactions: Russ47
Wow. I thought Alabama would be the last state in the country to do this. Bravo.

On another note, I also have the bunker to thank for delta 8. That shit is the real deal.
I read about Delta 8 on the Bunker, made a large purchase that day from Magic City Organics and been enjoying their products since that day. My better half is picking up even more today. We happily ask each other every night...how is this legal in Alabama????

It is most certainly the real deal.

My anxiety just went through the roof.

What illness must I fake to be able to get a scrip?

If the Senate concurs in the House amendments today, the Gov. could let the bill become law without signature.

What illness must I fake to be able to get a scrip?
So help out a chronic pain sufferer. I am a back surgery gone bad and have major spinal pain. I have to take some perty skrong meds. While they are strong, they don’t take the pain away. It’s a pretty miserable existence. It’s permanent nerve damage and cannabis oils don’t touch it. I asked my doctor about pot and the said they would stop treating me if I were to start smoking. Does anyone here have any wisdom. I’ve been to sooooooo many doctors, surgeons and so on. Chronic pain is the devil and wouldn’t wish on anybody. Posting on a message board shows my desperation. By the way, I live in GA.

• Sad
Reactions: Russ47

In which case all of the district attorneys who publicly stood against this bill will not allow for dispensaries to open in their counties. That means it's tough luck for those under:
Walt Merrell, Covington County; Spence Walker, Choctaw, Clarke and Washington Counties; Ben Reeves, Barbour and Bullock Counties; Brian McVeigh, Calhoun and Cleburne Counties; Tom Anderson, Coffee and Pike Counties; Ashley Rich, Mobile County; Bill Adair, Walker County; Jody Willoughby, Etowah County; Jill Lee, Shelby County; Pat Jones, Henry and Houston Counties; Steve Billy, Escambia County; Rob Broussard, Madison County; Andy Hamlin, Fayette, Lamar and Pickens Counties; Scott Slatton, Marion and Winston Counties; Ken Davis, Russell County; Everette Johnson, Marshall County; Bob Wilters, Baldwin County; Lyle Harmon, St. Clair County; Bryce Graham, Colbert County; Wilson Blaylock, Cullman County; Errek Jett, Lawrence County; Scott Anderson, Morgan County; and Pamela Casey, Blount County.

Sucks that my old dealer is just getting out of prison for three years for dealing marijuana.

• Sad
Reactions: Torqued
TIME TO GET MY VA WEED BOYS AND GIRLS
My BIL is so excited. He has a severe panic and anxiety disorder that causes bouts of depression. Tried all kinds of diff meds and still has panic attacks in some circumstances. Opioids and antidepressants galore. He said that he tried some weed with a friend a few weeks ago and it was the best he has felt in years.

ADVERTISEMENT