ADVERTISEMENT

Open Letter to TPTB

StatsMatter

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2017
Dear PTB, aka; Money Bags,

We all know you have the money and so you insist on the control, but have you ever thought that maybe football isn't your field of expertise and that it would be best for Auburn if you stayed out of the football program ?

As an exercise I would like for you to imagine your most dynamic HC as being at Auburn. Your choice, dead or alive.

Then I want you to look at all the Auburn fans and tell them that you honestly think that HC could beat bama, UGA, LSU, TAM, etc., without elite recruiting.

Explain how the damn hayul they would pull off such a miracle.

The very best you are going to come up with is a program about like Gus had, you know that guy you fired and gave him $20 million to leave.

Why in sam hayul would you go back to about like what Gus Malzahn had ?

No HC, no matter your pick, is going to stop the juggernaut of HCs at bama, UGA, FSU, Clemson UT, and UF (all around us) from recruiting elite recruits.

The only solution is to join them.

And the only way to join them is to hire an elite recruiter first and foremost. One that has a system and policies for all assistants to follow.

Let him hire the assistants that are the drill sergeants and schemers that you seem to cherish.

It ain't rocket science.

When we get better players, as a friend of mine would say, we have a much better chance of winning more games.

The more better players, the more wins.

We have a much better chance of winning with elite players and a mediocre HC than we have with mediocre players and an elite HC.

When Saban and Kirby's stories are written and documented I am pretty sure it will be much more about all of their elite players they convinced to commit to their schools and a lot less about what great game day coaches, or developers, they were.

If you don't believe me then explain quote after quote from opposing HCs who exclaim that they don't rebuild, they just keep reloading.

One last thing:

We all know this is your fantasy football team but do you really think a "Yes" man will do the job of a man free to do his own thing ?

Was Vince Lombardi a yes man ?

Was Bear Bryant a yes man ?

Was Shug Jordan a yes man ?

Was Pat Dye a yes man ?

Hire the best recruiting HC and get out of their way, otherwise you are the biggest obstacle Auburn has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News