ADVERTISEMENT

One Republican is hoping the courts don't rule against obamacare

Jun 13, 2008
I went to a Republican fund raiser a few weeks ago for my congressman.I was surprised when he stated that most Republicans are hoping the courts don't rule against obamacare because he feels it will help the Republicans more in the up coming election if the law remains unchanged .He pointed out that polls are showing the law has never been less popular and he feels with the average premium will increase by an average of 20 to 40% next year which can't be defended.He feels it would only make road to the White House more of an up hill battle for Dems if the law remains unchanged .He said obamacare is 25% short when it comes to young people signing up and that 20% the people that sign up never make their first payment so the sign up #'s are a joke.He said the Republican have a plan in place to protect the 7 million people that are currently on the plan but that plan will be short lived which will force obama to except allowing completion across state lines. He said many of the dems he knows on the hill don't want to have to defend this mistake again and are hoping it will be knocked down by the courts so they can try a Republican blame R's. He laughed when he said that last line,He said only O would try and blame R's for a bad law that Dems created and pushed down the throats of Americans.He asked whether the law will stand or not he said who knows but he thinks most people think it will fall including O based on his BS last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.