ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I need help understanding the NCAA and....

austorm20

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2017
Auburn
how Miles Bridges (Michigan State), Wendell Carter (Duke), Kevin Knox (Kentucky), etc. had things paid for them by this agent Andy Miller and yet apparently all Bridges had to do was pay it back to a charity and the NCAA rules him eligible. Like within a day the NCAA moved quickly to get Bridges cleared ("Lord forbid the blue blood programs get in trouble and ruin our product" -NCAA probably). I don't know about the others but I assume this will be the same case.

Look I know this topic has been discussed on here but on the Dan Patrick Show this morning he said that Bridges (and probably the others) paid these things back to a charity and all was made well. This just has me confused. Maybe I have this all wrong regarding our situation and someone can clear this up for me.

So why couldn't Wiley and Purifoy pay back what was given to them to a charity and be ruled eligible? Was it because they were allegedly given the money and not given expensed things such as meals and hotel rooms? Was it because one of our coaches was involved and guided them to this agent? The were caught in the act through video and wiretap?

And here we are with Purifoy still just waiting to be ruled on while the NCAA goes into full save College Basketball mode. I just have a hard time believing a coach at any of these schools didn't guide these players to this agent. Maybe I am just overthinking it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.