ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Bunker football mentality with Bruce . .

Eagle5

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Birmingham, Alabama
. . . and danced Arena madness with Bryce, Jared and Mustapha flying on laughter-silvered wings, and the swoosh of three's like a soothing patter of Spring rain upon the Plain. Sunward didst this team climb, and join the tumbling mirth of stomped taller rivals and fallen five-stars, and heard the voice of Joe and Jerry sing high seed praise.

And I have seen an under-recruited team do a hundred things not dreamed of in December, wheeled and soared and swung high above the rim, and spun, slammed and given the stare of death, and topped the windswept heights with grace outside the arc.

And I have seen throngs of Jungle acolytes brace against cold and rain in wait, to offer homage unto Bruce, and taunt, and jump unto double-digit W.

And with silent, lifting mind I've trod the high untrespassed sanctity of deafening Arena space, put out my hand, and touched the face of BRUCE.

Cocks shall fall, three days henceforth, and shall BRUCE declare days of rest. Bring on the Madness of March, the Sweetness of Sixteen, and the sun-kissed heat of San Antonio.

E5

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.