ADVERTISEMENT

NYC boarded up

I was just quarantined at the W in Hoboken for 14 days facing Manhattan. Then we shot all over everywhere.

My sincere opinion is...NYC / NJ is wrecked until next yr (earliest) ...and I believe a large % of locals may never come back.

All of this will have devastating impact on the tax base...small businesses...large businesses...real estate / rentals / office space

What was particularly interesting was the effect on their psyche’s. You would think this was the Bubonic Plague. I get that bodies were being thrown in 18 wheeler refrigeration trucks, but in my opinion, the media has done a number on them.

combine this with calls to ‘Defund the Police’ and the violence happening nightly...well, unless Big Bird has a Come to Jesus moment, NYC is f’d. The $ People will continue to leave.

No tourism...and homeless taking over sections. Yeah, good luk. This is all setting up Giuliani 2.0
Let's bump this thread after the pandemic and see if large portions of NYC is the destroyed/abandoned shitthole that you, penya and others have suggested it is/ soon will soon be.

The OP and many others ITT claimed NYC was boarded up, destroyed, and/or abandoned. That was the topic of this thread. As it turns out, they were all duped by a 2 month old video. Anything you are trying to change the subject to now is "off base" and part of some misguided need to clean up this mess for your team.
I look forward to you being a good poster again one day. I really liked you here. Now you are just, well....

How I imagine your house these days. You used to be such a great poster.

3fd2c2e3-418b-4f87-9262-2dfaba687497-east%20hamptons%20exterior.jpg
How I imagine your house these days. You used to be such a great poster.

3fd2c2e3-418b-4f87-9262-2dfaba687497-east%20hamptons%20exterior.jpg

this is how i imagine dick meat

8-D1212-E3-127-D-48-D6-966-B-9-E387-A301-B15.jpg

Let's bump this thread after the pandemic and see if large portions of NYC is the destroyed/abandoned shitthole that you, penya and others have suggested it is/ soon will soon be.
Here is your problem.. you can’t move off of the “destroyed shithole” comment because you would have to acknowledge of things in this thread that have been mentioned about NY.

As long as its not a “destroyed shithole”
you are safe.

Crime is up. Not a “destroyed shithole”

People are leaving. Not a “destroyed shithole”

Taxes are too high. Not a “destroyed shithole”

Businesses are lost forever. Not a “destroyed shithole”

Look at this little sniffling excuse of a “modern day” man. Pvssies like this is what our future generations are. Glad ill be dead before i have to see the aftermath of what these non binaries do the the greatest country in the history of the world. Im sad for my daughter, since there probably isnt a capable man in her generation. Well, except for maybe @RBU1 ’s or @vanceme ’s sons.

NYC is Dead Forever

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nyc-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/
Disgusting!

Here is your problem.. you can’t move off of the “destroyed shithole” comment because you would have to acknowledge of things in this thread that have been mentioned about NY.

As long as its not a “destroyed shithole”
you are safe.

Crime is up. Not a “destroyed shithole”

People are leaving. Not a “destroyed shithole”

Taxes are too high. Not a “destroyed shithole”

Businesses are lost forever. Not a “destroyed shithole”
No. Your problem is you said something insanely stupid and can't admit it. This is exactly what rice does in every thread. He fires off a hot take that is completely false, people call him out, and then he doubles down and desperately tries to shift to a new argument that is somewhat more defensible. You have followed that playbook to a T in this thread. To make matters worse, you started another thread because you were upset over this one. That's always a terrible move.

Look I don't think it will be abandoned, it is a huge city. Way to big to be abandoned. How about we just see if it implodes with loss of revenue, debt and crime over say the next year. They have elections there for a mayor in Nov 2021. How bad it gets between then and now will go a long way in determining who wins. And for what it is worth like so many times in this thread Penya proved it isn't abandoned (you just wont listen) by people selling. They are just rich and they are leaving.

It’s not Escape from NY dickweed, but this city will have severe issues for the foreseeable future. The sheer number of businesses that have closed / will fold is daunting. Somebody’s gotta make up that tax base.

No. Your problem is you said something insanely stupid and can't admit it. This is exactly what rice does in every thread. He fires off a hot take that is completely false, people call him out, and then he doubles down and desperately tries to shift to a new argument that is somewhat more defensible. You have followed that playbook to a T in this thread. To make matters worse, you started another thread because you were upset over this one. That's always a terrible move.

Nice diatribe but you conveniently left out the points that we are actually talking about.

Crime up? People leaving? Protests/riots? Taxes?

I look forward to you being a good poster again one day. I really liked you here. Now you are just, well....
It should have been easy for everyone to admit ITT that NYC is not a destroyed shithole, particularly after I debunked the OP and showed the video everyone was so upset about was months old. That was the argument I have made ITT. Anyone trying to change the subject to something else is free to do so, but that's not the argument I was taking part in.

I'll be happy to agree with you in the next thread when we are on the same side of a debate. Unlike the nuts who have made disagreements with me personal in the past, I don't hold a grudge against anyone because we disagree on one issue or the next. Penya and I obviously don't see eye to eye on this and I think I am justified in giving him a hard time, but he and I will agree on other stuff in the future.

Reactions: vanceme
It’s not Escape from NY dickweed, but this city will have severe issues for the foreseeable future. The sheer number of businesses that have closed / will fold is daunting. Somebody’s gotta make up that tax base.

what’s also interesting, is some CO’s are thriving.

The ad agency I was working for, has won multiple new clients. They adapted to Zoom pitches (to win new clients) and apparently have a higher Win % now than before (in-person pitches).

adapt or die! Hopefully NYC, as a whole, can adapt.

Reactions: Big Blue
Look I don't think it will be abandoned, it is a huge city. Way to big to be abandoned. How about we just see if it implodes with loss of revenue, debt and crime over say the next year. They have elections there for a mayor in Nov 2021. How bad it gets between then and now will go a long way in determining who wins. And for what it is worth like so many times in this thread Penya proved it isn't abandoned (you just wont listen) by people selling. They are just rich and they are leaving.
You are making different arguments from penya and many of the others. You are free to do so, but those issues have nothing to do with the point I responded to initially and have stuck with throughout this thread. The good news is there is no mystery involved in this. The free market will prove whether NYC is still a desirable place to live. If prices remain among the highest in the world (as they are now), then obviously NYC is not the "destroyed shithole" that penya and many others concluded it was based on the debunked video in the OP.

My sincere opinion is...NYC / NJ is wrecked until next yr (earliest) ...and I believe a large % of locals may never come back.

All of this will have devastating impact on the tax base...small businesses...large businesses...real estate / rentals / office space

Yeah... if you haven't noticed, there's has been a bit of a public health pandemic there and across the country. Unfortunately, the most densely populated region of the country is going to be the one of the most susceptible regions to such a crisis.

I hate to break it to you, but sectors such as commercial real estate are going to be in a nationwide free-fall for the foreseeable future. New efficiencies that have rendered much of it irrelevant have been quickly developed. We aren't even scratching the surface of the economic issues that lie ahead as a direct result of this event.

Unfortunately, most people are only capable of viewing an issue through the lens of their shitty, partisan politics.

Reactions: DM8
BLM...creating more racists than the KKK ever dreamed of.

Antifa...creating new Repubs everyday!

my favorite thing about all this...my hardcore lib LA / NYC friends buying guns BAHAHAHA

The sad part is they will continue to vote for far left progressive liberals. Definition of insanity.

Nice diatribe but you conveniently left out the points that we are actually talking about.

Crime up? People leaving? Protests/riots? Taxes?
No matter how hard you try, you're never going to be able to back up your claim that NYC is a destroyed shithole. On the bright side, rice is going to be proud of this performance when he punches in at work tomorrow at 8am.

Yeah... if you haven't noticed, there's has been a bit of a public health pandemic there and across the country. Unfortunately, the most densely populated region of the country is going to be the one of the most susceptible regions to such a crisis.

I hate to break it to you, but sectors such as commercial real estate are going to be in a nationwide free-fall for the foreseeable future. New efficiencies that have rendered much of it irrelevant have been quickly developed. We aren't even scratching the surface of the economic issues that lie ahead as a direct result of this event.

Unfortunately, most people are only capable of viewing an issue through the lens of their shitty, partisan politics.

thxs for the usual useless obvious AF intel

No matter how hard you try, you're never going to be able to back up your claim that NYC is a destroyed shithole. On the bright side, rice is going to be proud of this performance when he punches in at work tomorrow at 8am.

And you will never be able to prove that it’s not trending in that direction

Did anyone say we are not in the midst of an economic crisis? Businesses across our country have closed due to the economic crisis caused by the pandemic. The economic crisis is hitting every community whether or not there were protests or riots. Only delusional right-wing nuts would desperately claim that the riots are the real economic challenge facing our country.

Reactions: 00aubie
Please tell me that we have five+ pages of people from Dothan and Montgomery declaring NYC “dead” based on a random facespace video of stores taking storm preparations.
nah, apparently it was from early June.. but damn, if looters and rioters were scared away by those boards... doesn't sound like there were too many looters and rioters does it?

Reactions: 00aubie and DM8
And you will never be able to prove that it’s not trending in that direction
Yes, I already have. People don't pay millions of dollars for 2 bed room apartments in destroyed shit holes. We can bump this a year from now and see if NYC is the destroyed shithole you are predicting it will be.

nah, apparently it was from early June.. but damn, if looters and rioters were scared away by those boards... doesn't sound like there were too many looters and rioters does it?

But I saw it on Facespace!!!

People are obviously leaving because of multiple factors.. largely the impact of Covid. But the city and state have taxes that are relatively high. Jobs are impacted because of Covid. Crime is up. Cost of living is high.
Crime is not up in these places that you are imagining, number 1... hopefully, despite all your shortcomings, that one can be settled.

The city and state have had high taxes... so it goes.

largely the impact of covid.. yes. there you go. That's why NYC is suffering. That's why our entire country is suffering... People live in NYC to experience the night life, the always on mentality, the ability to not travel far and not need a lot for living space. Covid has changed all of that and people are understandably getting out from under high rent that doesn't have the same value it did before (and will after) covid.

I'm sorry that you and your cult are so ****ing stupid, but it is actually just a simple thing.

giphy.gif

woodworking...copy that, we get it.
Man, I know you're ****ing dumb, but the levels you've reached of late are truly amazing. Trump made you a fugging idiot. How pathetic must you be?

Wife and I were just saying this morning how sad it is to see NY and Seattle destroyed. I have zero desire to go back to see either city anymore.
Wow, missed this post from you at the beginning. I withdraw my point about your argument being different. You were the first person to claim NYC had been destroyed. Given that we now know the video was from 2 months ago and those businesses are no longer boarded up, can you acknowledge you jumped to the wrong conclusion?

Yes, I already have. People don't pay millions of dollars for 2 bed room apartments in destroyed shit holes. We can bump this a year from now and see if NYC is the destroyed shithole you are predicting it will be.
Okay.. let’s put some real numbers on this.. what indicators do you want to evaluate in one years time.

Okay.. let’s put some real numbers on this.. what indicators do you want to evaluate in one years time.
year of year should be good right?? same as you are posting here now.

You said the city is/will be a destroyed shithole that no one wants to live in anymore. If no one wants to live there, that would mean real estate prices go close to zero. I'll give you a 90% drop though just to make the math a little easier to track. I hope you are right and I can buy a penthouse on Central Park next summer for less than $500k.

You said the city is/will be a destroyed shithole that no one wants to live in anymore. If no one wants to live there, that would mean real estate prices go close to zero. I'll give you a 90% drop though just to make the math a little easier to track. I hope you are right and I can buy a penthouse on Central Park next summer for less than $500k.

Dishonest Dan, doing what he does lol.

$1 to @NashTiger in WilCo

Reactions: penya87

I like how you can’t concede there are significant issues in NY so you have to go complete dumbass to make any points.

Dishonest Dan, doing what he does lol.

$1 to @NashTiger in WilCo
There you go. Tag that lunatic and get him in here to join this thread.

You said you were in NYC recently so why didn't you realize the video in the OP was from June? Shouldn't you have known those businesses had reopened? Or were you just making shit up to push the nutty false narrative that the city is 80% abandoned?

I like how you can’t concede there are significant issues in NY so you have to go complete dumbass to make any points.
I like how you can't admit you were duped by the video in the OP into believing NYC had been destroyed.

Every single large city in the world has significant issues, particularly in the US given that we are facing a historic economic crisis with unemployment levels not seen since the great depression. NYC had problems before the pandemic and they will continue to have problems once its over. The market proves it is one of the most disable places in the world to live and I expect that to continue to be the case.

Last edited:
There you go. Tag that lunatic and get him in here to join this thread.

You said you were in NYC recently so why didn't you realize the video in the OP was from June? Shouldn't you have known those businesses had reopened? Or were you just making shit up to push the nutty false narrative that the city is 80% abandoned?

video? I have no idea what you’re talking about. And till you actually GO there and see it in person, you should prolly stfu. Lotta people are hurting and a shit ton are gone.

They need some serious prayers and better leadership than Big Bird and Fredo.

video? I have no idea what you’re talking about. And till you actually GO there and see it in person, you should prolly stfu. Lotta people are hurting and a shit ton are gone.

They need some serious prayers and better leadership than Big Bird and Fredo.
This thread is about a video, genius. OP claimed NYC was boarded up an abandoned based on a video from the beginning of June. You supported that claim and said 80% of people have left NYC. Do you want to admit that was false or are you sticking that lie?

Year to year changes??

Or compared to pre-Covid seems more reasonable? Pre-deBlasio?
You said its a "destroyed shithole" where no one wants to live. Wouldn't you be better off just admitting that was a silly hot take? There is no way that's going to happen so why set yourself up to have this bumped later?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT