ADVERTISEMENT

(NSIAP)Just watch the George Floyd “I can’t breathe” video

I think it’s awful what they did to this man. I also think it’s awful that a handful bad officers make the hundreds of thousands of good ones look bad. No excuse ever ever ever to use to your power to kill a man handcuffed on the ground but these hand full of videos each year are not the majority. Imagine if you were judged so harshly in your profession for others doing wrong.

Reactions: SpreadAttackU18
Can't stand a cop. Never had use for one and have known most of them are pieces of shit...at least the majority that I've met. The race baiting that came from this is annoying, though.

**** the police they wouldn’t have treated a white man like a animal . When Is enough going to be enough this ****ing shit has to stop . I am white

You may be white but you are wrong.

This same physical abuse happens to plenty of whites but there is no media interest in those.

The real problem is right in front of us and we miss it because we listen to the media narrative.

The problem is that we hire too many individuals to be police that 1. Like confrontation 2. Want to strike out at people 3. Have a license to do both largely with immunity.

Basically we hire exactly the wrong personalities to be our police.

I know this because years ago I worked for a company that did psychology evaluations for companies and the one that I will never forget is the one on the California Highway Patrol, often regarded as the world’s most elite police force.

Even though they got to choose from the best of the best they graded out as 1. Very physically aggressive towards others 2. Loved confrontation 3. Felt empowered with a badge.

Race has nothing to do with it.

To be clear I am not defending this killing but the problem isn’t racism as much as it is we hire too many people (certainly not ALL police) who love to get in brawled in these situations in the first place.

They think they are Rambo.

It’s like putting gas on a fire.

I have been saying this for years.

I detest BLM and the anti-police movements but.... that cop deserves a capital murder charge. He choked the life out of Mr. Floyd when he was already cuffed on the ground. Inexcusable.
For capital murder you’d need an intentional murder plus some aggravator. Not sure either exists but I admit the intent will be in the eye of the beholder. Based on what I’ve seen I’d say reckless manslaughter or negligent homicide would be appropriate charges. Maybe there is some background here that would justify a charge of murder, which would capture all those lessers in case the grand jury or jury wouldn’t go for the greater.

Reactions: alphatiger08
You may be white but you are wrong.

This same physical abuse happens to plenty of whites but there is no media interest in those.

The real problem is right in front of us and we miss it because we listen to the media narrative.

The problem is that we hire too many individuals to be police that 1. Like confrontation 2. Want to strike out at people 3. Have a license to do both largely with immunity.

Basically we hire exactly the wrong personalities to be our police.

I know this because years ago I worked for a company that did psychology evaluations for companies and the one that I will never forget is the one on the California Highway Patrol, often regarded as the world’s most elite police force.

Even though they got to choose from the best of the best they graded out as 1. Very physically aggressive towards others 2. Loved confrontation 3. Felt empowered with a badge.

Race has nothing to do with it.

To be clear I am not defending this killing but the problem isn’t racism as much as it is we hire too many people (certainly not ALL police) who love to get in brawled in these situations in the first place.

They think they are Rambo.

It’s like putting gas on a fire.

I have been saying this for years.
I put teacher and cops in the same category of "grossly underpaid". We need to figure out a way to pay them a much higher salary and try to attract a higher caliber of individuals to the professions.

For capital murder you’d need an intentional murder plus some aggravator. Not sure either exists but I admit the intent will be in the eye of the beholder. Based on what I’ve seen I’d say reckless manslaughter or negligent homicide would be appropriate charges. Maybe there is some background here that would justify a charge of murder, which would capture all those lessers in case the grand jury or jury wouldn’t go for the greater.
This. While I do think the dude deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life, you run a great risk of not convicting on anything if you push for a charge stronger than can be proved. Of course, I think some states (or maybe all now?), the jury can revert back to the lesser charge of manslaughter if the evidence supports it, but not murder...

This case was heartbreaking for sure. I would refrain from using it to make sweeping generalizations about America, but perhaps I’m overly cautious.

i understand. I’m just saying if good men and women don’t step up and turn down the temperature. It will boil over.

Some guy attending the riots is on TV now talking about how all cops are bad and you can’t trust any of them, which is false. Why does everything have to be one way or the other? Why can’t it be that there are good cops and there are bad cops? I don’t understand the sweeping generalizations.

Dude, leave the ULTIMATE ALPHA alone. Don’t be jelly.
tenor.gif

Geez Alpha, chill man. Or else I’ll report you to @DavidTheWizzard for BETA behavior.
Can’t follow what’s going on in this thread, people making this a race issue are dumb as a rock tho

u can find videos of the same stupid stuff happening to white people, and I don’t wanna go over the stats and stuff but the likely hood of this stuff happening to anyone of any race is the same when all relevant factors are accounted for

anyone remember that video where the cop shot and killed the guy laying on the ground for 10 minutes that the cop was playing Simon says with?

prob not cause he was white and the media is asswhipes

people trying to shift the blame in these situations from “we have an issue with police brutality” too “white people are assholes” don’t actually GAF about police brutality and it is a huge pet peeve of mine because these people act morally superior while ignoring the problem saying “cops killing people is a symptom of systemic racism, we should switch the conversation to how americkkk is racist that’s the real issue, vote democrat”

don’t @ me race baiters

Wilkow mentioned this on his show today, I am really curious what happened between the time they asked this man to step out of the car, to when the officer is kneeing his neck.

Doesn’t change that this officer should be charged to the fullest extent allowable, but it could at least provide some reasoning.

That officer murdered that man in pretty brutal fashion. Really, really tough to watch.

Wilkow mentioned this on his show today, I am really curious what happened between the time they asked this man to step out of the car, to when the officer is kneeing his neck.

Doesn’t change that this officer should be charged to the fullest extent allowable, but it could at least provide some reasoning.

That officer murdered that man in pretty brutal fashion. Really, really tough to watch.

A video just came out and shows he doesn’t appear to be resisting. I’m sure there will be more video that comes out. The guy with the knee on the neck was a 19 year old veteran of the department, so he had to know what he was doing wasn’t the correct course of action.

What would yalls reaction be to the crowd on the side walk rushing the officers to try and free George Floyd? Part of me and even my wife agreed, wanted to jump thru the video and try and stop them. That was absolutely sickening.
Well I had mixed emotions for a minute. I’m like he’s talking he is breathing, then it takes a turn & me/wife kinda starting freaking out a bit. Felt like you guys should see the whole vid, not edited up one.

A video just came out and shows he doesn’t appear to be resisting. I’m sure there will be more video that comes out. The guy with the knee on the neck was a 19 year old veteran of the department, so he had to know what he was doing wasn’t the correct course of action.

If they determine that he never resisted, then we have a cold blooded murder here.

Even if he did resist, the video is brutal to watch, and the cop that killed him should be charged. They clearly had him restrained. Ugly all around. Really sad situation.

This. While I do think the dude deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life, you run a great risk of not convicting on anything if you push for a charge stronger than can be proved. Of course, I think some states (or maybe all now?), the jury can revert back to the lesser charge of manslaughter if the evidence supports it, but not murder...
In Alabama the trial court may charge on any lesser-included offense supported by the evidence. I would imagine Minnesota would be the same way.

Assuming the autopsy shows or suggests this neck compression was the cause of death, it’s really just a question of intent. These are all Alabama standards, but Minnesota is likely reasonably close:

- Did he intentionally kill that guy? Murder, Class A felony

- Was he aware of and consciously disregarding the risk death would result from his actions? Manslaughter, Class B felony

- Did he fail to perceive a substantial and unjustifiable risk that death would occur from his actions? Criminally-negligent homicide, Class A misdemeanor

- None of the above? As in, a jury finds the officer’s actions reasonable under the circumstances? Not guilty

I can’t believe what I just watched. I’m truly disgusted by that police officers actions after he was detained.
I can truly say that I would have intervened and somehow got him off is neck after he passed out. Damn the repercussions.
It only takes one to make the rest look like evil incarnate.

I’m a former Federal LEO btw.

I put teacher and cops in the same category of "grossly underpaid". We need to figure out a way to pay them a much higher salary and try to attract a higher caliber of individuals to the professions.
Assholes are assholes, that’s giving them an even more importance for their ego. That’s “gas” on the fire. Now we more baller, and badasses with dollars

That's the first time I've ever seen a real murder and it made me sick to my stomach. I am a supporter of law enforcement officers, but these four were not "enforcing the law". They were openly committing murder. They were also taunting him to get up and get in the car WHILE HE WAS CUFFED and had a knee on his neck. Why was he EVER put on the ground after being cuffed? You telling me that four cops couldn't have gotten him in the car? All four of these officers should be charged with the most serious charge possible. Also, I totally reject BLM. IMO All Lives Matter. That's what's wrong with this whole scenario. No respect for life.....period.

Blame the 4 cops for that. If their dumbasses simply use common sense and don’t commit murder there is no riot.
No, I'm going to blame the people without common sense that are looting the Target and Autozone before setting the Autozone ablaze. Like the cops in the video, the looters and arsonists should be tried and punished accordingly for their crimes.

That's the first time I've ever seen a real murder and it made me sick to my stomach. I am a supporter of law enforcement officers, but these four were not "enforcing the law". They were openly committing murder. They were also taunting him to get up and get in the car WHILE HE WAS CUFFED and had a knee on his neck. Why was he EVER put on the ground after being cuffed? You telling me that four cops couldn't have gotten him in the car? All four of these officers should be charged with the most serious charge possible. Also, I totally reject BLM. IMO All Lives Matter. That's what's wrong with this whole scenario. No respect for life.....period.
You know usually if the streets are raising hell enough, they lift a little. Check his pulse for god sake

Reactions: demeat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT