ADVERTISEMENT

NSFW! Cops murder man for opening his door while he complied

giphy.gif

Reactions: Barnballer
posted about this yesterday...we have a cop problem and it is consistently made out to be only a racial problem in policing...because things like this don't see the light of day. i had no clue it happened until 2 months later.

Our biggest problem is stupid people doing stupid shit. That is the proximate cause of most all violence. Whether police are involved or not. That is a fact.

This place is great. Love what this board has become.
Multiple major sports leagues cancel all their events to bring light to a major issue in the country, its probably going to generate discussion on a sports board. Addressing the police brutality issue this country has should be cause we are all behind, regardless of race.

Our biggest problem is stupid people doing stupid shit. That is the proximate cause of most all violence. Whether police are involved or not. That is a fact.
What did this guy do? Unlike many of the situations the media has jumped all over, this guy wasn’t resisting arrest or assaulting cops.

Multiple major sports leagues cancel all their events to bring light to a major issue in the country, its probably going to generate discussion on a sports board. Addressing the police brutality issue this country has should be cause we are all behind, regardless of race.

Good Lord.

I wish it had gotten the publicity it deserved. It would've been interesting to see how you spin this case of excessive force in favor of the police.
I’ve seen people oppose the all cops are racist narrative or that they’re shooting these people because they’re racist. I’ve also seen boarder line situations where the use of force could be debated.

I don’t think there has been a broad statement that police never use excessive force.

Reactions: griffna
I’ve seen people oppose the all cops are racist narrative or that they’re shooting these people because they’re racist. I’ve also seen boarder line situations where the use of force could be debated.

I don’t think there has been a broad statement that police never use excessive force.

You are correct. No one ever said that.

Reactions: WarEagleG
Do we need to see this? Ffs
Wasn't "cops murder man" adequate warning for anybody who felt they didn't need to see it? Plus, the video was edited to remove anything graphic. Other than being real, this video was more tame than the average PG-13 rated movie.

FWIW, the most disturbing part of it for me was the guy obviously struggling for life and the cops not only not helping him but not letting his GF help him. That is messed up.

posted about this yesterday...we have a cop problem and it is consistently made out to be only a racial problem in policing...because things like this don't see the light of day. i had no clue it happened until 2 months later.
I have heard lots of people point out that police violence isn't a strictly racial issue. Black people are disproportionate impacted by it, but white people are certainly victims as well. The reforms people are calling for in terms of better police training, use of force guidelines, and means to hold officers who cross the line accountable will help address this problem for all Americans, not just black folks.

This shooting got lots of coverage back in 2017 where a white guy begged for his life before being shot.

Reactions: tigers3014
I have heard lots of people point out that police violence isn't a strictly racial issue. Black people are disproportionate impacted by it, but white people are certainly victims as well. The reforms people are calling for in terms of better police training, use of force guidelines, and means to hold officers who cross the line accountable will help address this problem for all Americans, not just black folks.

This shooting got lots of coverage back in 2017 where a white guy begged for his life before being shot.
There have been lots of people point out and folks on both sides agreeing police violence isn’t a racial issue... let’s start addressing it there and stop making it strictly a racial issue... maybe we can start with our National Basketball Activists...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT