ADVERTISEMENT

Not the News you want to hear

Study: Alcohol use linked to nearly 750,000 cancer cases in 2020​

CpzTlvn.jpg

It's the "new" era of tracking things,,, if you got cancer and drank alcohol,,,,

Momma said the type of cancer she had grew at a much faster rate due to her libations. Didn’t cause it, but definitely a detriment.

As I typed that, she poured a glass of wine. I think she’s adapting a moderation model versus a no drinking lifestyle. 😂

CDC says, “if you drink, you need the new throat mask.” Faucci said it won’t work……but is going to wait a month, and tell us they work. Next up? Wear two throat masks to be sure.

Momma said the type of cancer she had grew at a much faster rate due to her libations. Didn’t cause it, but definitely a detriment.

As I typed that, she poured a glass of wine. I think she’s adapting a moderation model versus a no drinking lifestyle. 😂

This is the key.

• Haha
Reactions: warrech
Im
Worried about you Griffy poo

Haha don’t be. I just thought it was funny that in a lot of cases, experts have no idea what causes cancer, but this article made a correlation (increased drinking during the pandemic) sound like a definite causation and then finished with this:

There's an estimated 10-year lag between drinking and being diagnosed with alcohol-related cancer, so doctors say the pandemic's impact is unclear.

Soo much journalisming.

Study: Alcohol use linked to nearly 750,000 cancer cases in 2020​

If this turns out to be true, it shouldn't surprise anyone. Any outside agent, chemical, irritant etc. in the body has the potential to do damage. It shouldn't surprise anyone that something like alcohol that kills brain and other cells every time someone gets drunk, might also cause other harm.

Folks enjoy weed, alcohol and other drugs/chemicals that help us escape from reality and loosen up a bit, but that doesn't mean that those things are good for us.

ADVERTISEMENT