ADVERTISEMENT

Not going to lie boys... I saw crazy shit tonight..,

How many of the attendees at the party were from FT. Benning? There's been a huge uptick in positive drug tests from young guys in the Army (18-22). From 2012-2014 my Company had 4 positive tests for Cocaine or Heroin.

Local kid died from Heroin OD a few weeks back. It's hit white rural communities hard.
As well as white suburban communities. The heroin problem in Birmingham is huge and has found its way into late teens and early 20s over the mountain kids.
This has been going on for a couple of years now and is steadily getting worse. The heroin on the street now is a much purer product than it has bee in the past and therefore more addictive. Current estimates are that about 1 in 4 who try heroin will become dependent / addicted to it. If you e never seen someone trying to break that addiction, it's not pretty.
These are scary times in which we live.

As well as white suburban communities. The heroin problem in Birmingham is huge and has found its way into late teens and early 20s over the mountain kids.
This has been going on for a couple of years now and is steadily getting worse. The heroin on the street now is a much purer product than it has bee in the past and therefore more addictive. Current estimates are that about 1 in 4 who try heroin will become dependent / addicted to it. If you e never seen someone trying to break that addiction, it's not pretty.
These are scary times in which we live.
I wouldn't say scary times. This is the safest and most peaceful period in the history of earth.

Obviously things aren't perfect but to say these are "scary times" is a little silly.

Majority go there bc their opiate supply gets too expensive or drys up. Most don't set out and stumble into shooting up based on peer pressure.
This is true. There has been a huge crack down on the prescription drug trade as well which has contributed to the "drying up" that you referenced.

I've also heard there have been deaths at VHHS over the stuff... but I feel like thats the usual urban legend stuff.
There have been 2-3 I know of in recent years. One was good friends with my son at the HS. Great kid, great family. Football player who got hooked on opiate pain killers after a football related injury in 11th grade. Went to UAT on a full academic scholly and totally spun out if control on H. I see his parents all the time. It's an epidemic.

They just see it as another weapon that will eat the beast from the inside out. Just look at what they have accomplished last 10yrs here in our country. Porous border will be our down fall. koran preaches this shat to kill all infidels that do not convert. christianity is the devil and they are trying to wipe it out. obama/barry was raised in Indonesia as a muslim, that is why he is tolerant. he also has a Confederate relative buried in Natchez Miss cemetary who would have thought it possible.Most of our crap started early 90's with bill in office. I did some work in Honduras , El Salvador, border with Nicaragua. You could see the FMLN starting to get more confidant and then the drugs were just starting bad when we moved out of Panama Yea it all starts at the top and we are about to get fed a Shit Sandwich with Broomstick 1(Hilary nickname by Marines when bill in White House).

The work of John Dimitri Negroponte along with his friends in the Agency rival anything Air America pulled off. They were effective slowing the march of the Sandinistas' Marxism out of Nicaragua, but their off-the-books funding schemes came with an incredible price.

H.W. Bush and his boys made some serious political hay while leading the CIA during those days, and he successfully parlayed that into so much more as VP, POTUS and POTUS emeritus with his boy W. ultimately taking the wheel. Without the Mena, Arkansas operations we may have never heard of the two Hillbillies, but I digress. Wonder how many metric tons of narcotics flowed through the old air strips at Tuskegee during that era, but I don't guess I'll go there. DEA agents say a lot during the '90's and early 2000's. That stuff doesn't just float over on rafts.

I wouldn't say scary times. This is the safest and most peaceful period in the history of earth.

Obviously things aren't perfect but to say these are "scary times" is a little silly.
I work with teenagers and young adults on a regular basis. It's not my job but it's the area in which I've chosen to minister and try to have an impact. When I see the things that confront and are readily available to teenagers / college students today as opposed to 10, 20, 30 years ago, it is in deed scary.
my view of the world isn't so myopic that I believe that a world not in military conflict indicates a "safe" world. Life is a little more nuanced than that.
So yeah, I'm just "silly" like that.

Last edited:
Herion killed one on my sons. He was my neighbor and grew up with my son who was an only child. This young man was 27 years old and had unbelievable talent. I miss him dearly. Herion in my opinion is the most deadly drug being used by people today. It is extremely habit forming. When people try to get clean and stay off of it for a while, they give in to temptation and use again. The problem with that is they use the same dosage and end up overdosing. Terrible drug.

It's tough for me to understand this being in high schools..... Especially above average high schools. I've been around and done my fair share of drugs but at age 35, I've still never seen heroine. I guess times have changed.
man, whole generations of kids have been raised on pills to help them focus/behave...it's not a big jump.

giphy.gif

Inwork with teenagers and young adults on a regular basis. It's not my job but it's the area in which I've chosen to minister and try to have an impact. When I see the things that confront and are readily available to teenagers / college students today as opposed to 10, 20, 30 years ago, it is in deed scary.
my view of the world isn't so myopic that I believe that a world not in military conflict indicates a "safe" world. Life is a little more nuanced than that.
So yeah, I'm just "silly" like that.
To say that we live in scary times is the definition of myopic.

life isn't perfect and I've witnessed more than my share of those imperfections, but try to have some perspective.

His perspective or your perspective?
Historical perspective.

We are currently living in the safest and most peaceful era in recorded human history.

These are not "scary times" by any objective measure.

I guarantee you that I've lost more family members/friends to the opiate epidemic than you, but that doesn't mean these are "scary times".

To say that we live in scary times is the definition of myopic.

life isn't perfect and I've witnessed more than my share of those imperfections, but try to have some perspective.
Haha! Ok, Thanks for the advice.
I appreciate your life experience but I'm extremely comfortable with my assessment of the times in which we live.

I recently learned that heroin was a big problem again. Witf? People just have to go there huh. Mary Jane and alcohol just aren't enough for some I guess

It's a problem now because people get addicted to prescription drugs, legal drugs like oxycodone, and when their Dr won't give it to them anymore heroin is available and cheaper. I have a family member that has taken this road and still has problems with it.

Herion killed one on my sons. He was my neighbor and grew up with my son who was an only child. This young man was 27 years old and had unbelievable talent. I miss him dearly. Herion in my opinion is the most deadly drug being used by people today. It is extremely habit forming. When people try to get clean and stay off of it for a while, they give in to temptation and use again. The problem with that is they use the same dosage and end up overdosing. Terrible drug.

Thanks you for sharing this...

Reactions: plw0002
This is my biggest fear as a dad of a 12 year old. I preach to him all the time about how bad drugs are. I google pics of meth heads and show him pics of what it does to them. He about throws up looking at them. He's all about his looks so I figure that would hit home with him.

Can we all at least agree that:
1. This is a problem
2. Please don't "try" opiates
3. That our government for some reason is somewhat supportive of the production of poppy production and that it needs to stop.
4. This causes pain to families and communities
5. We all need to better educate ourselves and our families on this issue.

A friend of mine asked me to go out in Columbus tonight. Don't ever make that mistake. I never thought I'd see heroin. It was a god damn party full of it. I've never felt more scared/uncomfortable in my life. Biggest regret ever going to that party

Bruh, dont be such a square, china white is where it is at!....also I think that is the only slang term I know for heroin

A friend of mine asked me to go out in Columbus tonight. Don't ever make that mistake. I never thought I'd see heroin. It was a god damn party full of it. I've never felt more scared/uncomfortable in my life. Biggest regret ever going to that party

Were people just shooting it up at the party or were most people blowing it?

Reactions: fntiger

Don't drink the cool-aid pal. Russia didn't evac 40 million citizens October 4-7 (yeah last week) just to spend money on public transit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...minent-evacuates-40-MILLION-people-drill.html

What's happening in Aleppo, Syria (see upwards of 2 million casualties) and the border of Ukraine is FO REELZ!

https://realrussiatoday.com/2016/10...nderground-shelters-for-evacuation-of-people/

But, our press is more worried about covering Trump grabbing ass. Who knew that corporate billionaires and TV personalities were sexual deviants? What's this world coming to anyway? Trump will fit right in with the current ruling political class O-bye-the-way.

Reactions: fntiger
"Mama Told Me (Not To Come)"

Want some whiskey in your water?
Sugar in your tea?
What's all these crazy questions they're askin' me?
This is the craziest party that could ever be
Don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't wanna see

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
"That ain't the way to have fun, no"

Open up the window, let some air into this room
I think I'm almost chokin' from the smell of stale perfume
And that cigarette you're smokin' 'bout scare me half to death
Open up the window, sucker, let me catch my breath

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
"That ain't the way to have fun, son"

The radio is blastin', someone's knockin' at the door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend - she's passed out on the floor
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before
Don't know what it is - I don't wanna see no more

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
She said, "That ain't the way to have fun, son"

"That ain't the way to have fun, son"​

Starts with prescription painkillers and goes from there.

I'm 26 now but at age 18 I already knew 3 guys who'd overdosed and died on heroin or another opiate. All upper middle class dudes who had great families.

Atlanta high schools have been rampant with this stuff for a decade.

I've done plenty of recreational substances in my day but will never touch an opiate.
Recreational substances? What the hell is that. So why in the hell would you have experimented with "recreational substances"? Parents and teachers failed to educate you? Broken family? Simply pissed off at the world? Bad group of friends (3 friends died of over dose? seems it should have taken only one friend if that for the rest of you to wise up and simply scream...Hell NO. just saying! Let me guess, you were "Bullied" as a child?

I simply don't understand yet you make it sound the norm. I assure you, your story is far from the norm.

Montgomery has a bad H problem going on.
I knew a guy him and his mother OD, but lived.
Times have changed and the number 1 people who use H are former pain subscription users.
Knew a good friend who got on to it bad. It really sad to see him fall down the way he did. He was a cool guy from a great family. He went crazy started breaking into people houses randomly. When he got arrested he beg his family not to bail him out because he was scare to go back to the public. Got out of rehab. Me and the boys started to hang out with him. Give him so positive friends. Didn't hang out with him for ONE weekend and BOOM back on it. Now in jail again for robbery.
It really sad.

Sh** is indeed getting common again and that's sad. I've seen it wreak too much havoc among musicians I've known here in ATL. Bad news. Always has been --- always will be.

...and there it is. Finally, we get to the issue.
Again, thanks for your input.
C'mon rthomas, certainly we as CHRISTians have to understand we are the problem. Just ask hussein obama about how Christians killed so many during the crusades.

Hard drug use drops where marijuana is legal. And kratom is a safe alternative for bit chronic pain patients and recovering opiate/heroin addicts. But the DEA thinks both are evil. Makes sense.

Don't drink the cool-aid pal. Russia didn't evac 40 million citizens October 4-7 (yeah last week) just to spend money on public transit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...minent-evacuates-40-MILLION-people-drill.html

What's happening in Aleppo, Syria (see upwards of 2 million casualties) and the border of Ukraine is FO REELZ!

https://realrussiatoday.com/2016/10...nderground-shelters-for-evacuation-of-people/

But, our press is more worried about covering Trump grabbing ass. Who knew that corporate billionaires and TV personalities were sexual deviants? What's this world coming to anyway? Trump will fit right in with the current ruling political class O-bye-the-way.
And I'm sure that will be your only take away from this discussion, completely unable to think critically.
Okay Alex, let's go with arguing with liberal idiots who boast of experimenting with "recreation substances" for $500.

And I'm sure that will be your only take away from this discussion, completely unable to think critically.

that's just a stupid statement. critically thinking is exactly what he was doing. instead of going with an over-philosophical reddit view of the world, he's using his own (very informative and substantial) experience to form his opinion.

Reactions: MCAU
that's just a stupid statement. critically thinking is exactly what he was doing. instead of going with an over-philosophical reddit view of the world, he's using his own (very informative and substantial) experience to form his opinion.
Over-philosophical?

I'm talking about hard facts, this is one of the safest times to be alive in human history.

There is no reasonable case to be made for saying that we live in "scary times".

Please bring facts to show me otherwise.

Reactions: fairfield35064
Okay Alex, let's go with arguing with liberal idiots who boast of experimenting with "recreation substances" for $500.
Not a liberal, never voted for a dem candidate in my life, but thanks for assuming.

ADVERTISEMENT