ADVERTISEMENT

NFL opener ratings down 12 percent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of younger viewers is dwindling as well. Kids playing fortnight 12 hours a day and slaying bad guys on twitter have no interest in contact sports. Professional sports is a decade from being toast and the players now are alienating their current viewers not growing an audience. It’s dying on both ends.

This is something that doesn't get mentioned a lot but is a very good point. I think there will always be a market but it's probably not going to remain the behemoth that it is. There are just too many options for entertainment

Reactions: auburnra
I don't know why they think it's a great idea to piss on the flag my granddaddy fought for in France and Germany. It turns people off and deaf to the cause they are fighting for. Better idea would be to come out the tunnel like Apollo creed before he fought Drago. Maybe that would show everybody they Americans too. A lot more helpful than the route they going imo.

I wish the American experience that you and your family live/lived was the same for every citizen. But the irrefutable truth is that many NFL players grandparents were fighting for the right to drink from the same water fountain as white people. You have your perspective and I respect where you’re coming from. But try to have an open mind enough to understand that your American experience isn’t the same as every other citizen.

I don't know why they think it's a great idea to piss on the flag my granddaddy fought for in France and Germany. It turns people off and deaf to the cause they are fighting for. Better idea would be to come out the tunnel like Apollo creed before he fought Drago. Maybe that would show everybody they Americans too. A lot more helpful than the route they going imo.
Zero black people fought and died for their country in WW2. Great point.

I wish the American experience that you and your family live/lived was the same for every citizen. But the irrefutable truth is that many NFL players grandparents were fighting for the right to drink from the same water fountain as white people. You have your perspective and I respect where you’re coming from. But try to have an open mind enough to understand that your American experience isn’t the same as every other citizen.
Seems to me the water fountain issue was settled long ago.

My employees do not have a “right” to perform political protests while at work and neither do the NFL employees. NFL got this wrong from the start. Will not watch
This is exactly what I'm saying. NFL and NBA got this all wrong when they allowed this type behavior. I really hope they fold.

This is exactly what I'm saying. NFL and NBA got this all wrong when they allowed this type behavior. I really hope they fold.
Players will have CFL like amounts on their contracts when it’s all said and done. Or they make up the difference in other markets like China but they best not have anything to say about their concentration camps. Guys driving lambos around and bitching about this country not being fair doesn’t go over with average Joe busting his ass to support a family.

12% ?!?! I’m disappointed. I was hoping for 100%.
Yep, disappointed nfl’s ratings weren’t down by at least 30% but in reality if they’re reporting 13% down no telling what their ratings were. I believe this sheet about as much as I believe any china-virus reporting.

Reactions: Henrytd20
Nevermind. Just gonna get thread moved.

Last edited:
I watched it, and loved it. Great product on the field. Watching the chiefs offense operate is a thing of beauty.
I also thought the game itself was great. And I won't stop watching good football, even if they players don't have the greatest of political opinions.

But the players linking arms after we're told to be social distancing over and over was... dumb on their part.

Reactions: Hyt_tiger16
Well to be fair I was unaware the NFL started this week. I just figured it got pushed back like the major conferences.
Lol, the major conferences also start this week my dude. Just not the SEC, and obviously not the two that cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT