ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR just banned the confederate flag...

Welp..this should end well for all involved.

I have and will never watch NASCAR...but are they aware of their own audience here? This is like banning mini horses in Tuscaloosa.
If they have a driver who feels personally offended by the flag, why is this so crazy?

Yeah, in-person attendance may drop once they return. It happens.

ADD: If the white drivers get behind the movement, support it and speak of their support, then it'll be fine. IMO

If they have a driver who feels personally offended by the flag, why is this so crazy?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just not sure this will go over well with the typical NASCAR fan...

Last edited:
Reactions: Solo Cup

Honestly don't think it will make even the slightest dent. Kinda like all the folks that thought the NFL would never recover from "players kneeling on the field".

source.gif
GOD BLESS DENNY HAMLIN.

He's doing great work out here. The patience of Job.

There will be a new tolerable symbol for non-racist rednecks to show with pride that they’re rednecks. The only question is what will it be?

I'm as conservative as they come but NASCAR banning confederate flags and confederate monuments being moved are things I have no problem with.....

Reactions: Jay G. Tate

ADD: If the white drivers get behind the movement, support it and speak of their support, then it'll be fine. IMO
Always saw that as an anti-government statement. Is that what NASCAR fans are into?

It’s supposed to represent anti-tyrannical government. The BLM folks should be flying it. I grew up in ‘Dega, but my interest in NASCAR has waned. I still root for anyone with Alabama ties so I’ve been a Bubba fan for a while. He’s a good dude.

Always saw that as an anti-government statement. Is that what NASCAR fans are into?
But is it really redneck? While it may be some, I just don’t see it as definitively redneck at all.

We’re looking for a definitely redneck flag, head covering, etc.

Honestly don't think it will make even the slightest dent. Kinda like all the folks that thought the NFL would never recover from "players kneeling on the field".
Nascar has been steadily loosing attendance for several years now and this wont help that situation at all. They have self imploded way before the flag ban and it may not be around much longer if they don't figure how to get fans in the seats.

ADVERTISEMENT