ADVERTISEMENT

My father has passed away this morning.

tyler5651

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 30, 2010
It is with great sadness that I report that the best AU fan I ever knew in my life, and the toughest, kindest soul, has left the world this morning. RIP Jimmy David Wilson.

I want to thank everyone who prayed for him these past few weeks. He came through his surgery great, better than they were expecting I think. They fixed his broken back, but his heart was just too weak from congestive heart failure. Possibly why he fell in the first place.

This season is going to hurt a lot. I wish we could have gotten one more together. He was real excited about it.

Someone apparently mentioned my thread asking for prayers on one of the podcasts or something, because my dad's brother heard it, and I got to hear from my father "Your Uncle heard on one of the Auburn podcasts that someone named Tyler was praying for his dad who had fallen." That was very kind, whoever mentioned that. It was a sweet little moment that I got from this place.

Like so many of you, my love of football runs right through my relationship with my father. When I was too young to walk, Auburn was on the TV. He loved watching the games in the fall, then flipping over to pull for whatever team that played bama. I had the love of this team in common with my dad, and my brother who I never got to know. They are together now in Paradise.

Again, thank all of yall. To anyone who has someone like that, especially an older relative, be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them. And hug their necks.

WDE Dad. I love you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.