ADVERTISEMENT

MS St fans please explain

Tigerulz

First Round Draft Pick
Jul 2, 2002
the idea behind why you guys take cowbells to the stadium and why the SEC allows you guys to continue doing this.

No one gave a rat's ass about State ringing Cowbells when we were 4-8.

It is always funny how the Cowbells become an issue only when our team becomes relevant...which is not very often.

If I remember correctly, there are 2 different sets of rules or guidelines for ringing the bells during the games. 1 set of guidelines for SEC games and another for non-SEC games. Regardless, does not seem any of them are followed.

Also, for this season the stadium expansion was completed closing off one of the open end zones....would think that also contributes to any stadium loudness.

What is the SEC suppose to do about it?

Pretty sure State has been fined in the past...but I think the SEC just gave up.

was looking more for an explanatino of the history behind the tradition of bringing them to the game. The why.
But you are correct. no one cared when the competitive advantage was inconsequential.

Originally posted by Tigerulz:

the idea behind why you guys take cowbells to the stadium and why the SEC allows you guys to continue doing this.
I agree. Ole Miss fans have to put up with these annoying morons for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT