ADVERTISEMENT

More deaths than births

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzoo

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I just read an article that says the state of Alabama, in 2020, had more deaths than births. That hadn't
happened in over 100 years.

People ain't having kids. Birth control and on-demand abortion have consequences. There has to be younger people to work and keep our economy afloat. I know a few.couples that have deliberately chosen not to have kids. I've asked them who will they have to look after them in their 70's, 80's. They just give me a blank look. Like they've never thought about it.

People ain't having kids. Birth control and on-demand abortion have consequences. There has to be younger people to work and keep our economy afloat. I know a few.couples that have deliberately chosen not to have kids. I've asked them who will they have to look after them in their 70's, 80's. They just give me a blank look. Like they've never thought about it.
instead of spending all that money on your kids, and then hoping they dont turn out to be worthless and can actually take care of you in your old age, you could just save all that money for retirement/assisted living etc.

This is a good thing.
xi-jinping-clapping.gif

I just read an article that says the state of Alabama, in 2020, had more deaths than births. That hadn't
happened in over 100 years.
Although it is unique in Alabama’s history, it’s not that unique in 2020. It happened in half the states in the country last year.

instead of spending all that money on your kids, and then hoping they dont turn out to be worthless and can actually take care of you in your old age, you could just save all that money for retirement/assisted living etc.
If you have to hope your kids don't turn out worthless, that tells me you did a shitty job at parenting.
(Yeah, and assisted living employees would really care about you like family). My Mom had to bribe nursing home employees with tips to.make sure my grandad got bathed every day!

If you have to hope your kids don't turn out worthless, that tells me you did a shitty job at parenting.
(Yeah, and assisted living employees would really care about you like family). My Mom had to bribe nursing home employees with tips to.make sure my grandad got bathed every day!
May I ask why she didn't file suit against them?

Reactions: stutsman23
May I ask why she didn't file suit against them?
He was a veteran. He was in the VA assisted living. When she would complain about it they would say they were short staffed. One girl got smart with her one time. She said if you want to make sure he receives a bath, you're welcome to come check him out every day, take him to your house and bathe him.

• Angry
Reactions: Rusty Strings
Young people aren't having kids because they can't afford it. It's pretty simple.
Please. Having kids ain't that expensive once you get past the childcare stage. People are just selfish and want to spend money on themselves. Joe Biden gives families 500.00 a month now anyway to help with child-rearing.

My wife and I have decided not to have kids. I truly hate this question. Makes it sound like people only have kids as a retirement plan. Somebody to "take care if them". We will have plenty of money to take care of ourselves

China would be proud
China will be hosed soon enough on this one. They thought they had too many people but what they really had was too many uneducated men and women. They forced death upon their population by only allowing 1 kid and now don't have enough females to sustain their population. They will need immigration as well, or just take some countries.

Reactions: 1959
Roughly 6,200 abortions in the state of Alabama to be exact. That’s a lot of babies that never got a chance at a life.

I don’t think that’s a valid reason to have children if it’s the only reason. JMO. Not everyone is meant to be a parent and I think it’s good if those who aren’t meant for it acknowledge that.

I can afford it. I just have zero desire to have any. I didn’t even like kids when I was a kid.

His argument is really all over the place on this one... supposedly you have kids to take you in when yore oulde but then he’s talking about an oulde with kids being mistreated in a retirement home. I’m having trouble following
Hmmmm, I said "Take care of", but I was also meaning having familial relationships/connections. But, whatever. To each their own.
I was talking about my grandad. He had dementia. My parents took him in but he refused to stop smoking and my mom thought he would catch their house on fire. She and my Dad both still worked. He stayed home alone during the day. She pretty much had no choice because he was so stubborn.

You are a complete idiot if you believe this. How a person turns out as an adult is not always reflective of their upbringing. Parenting absolutely can help but there are plenty pieces of shit out there that had terrific parents.

You are a complete idiot if you believe this. How a person turns out as an adult is not always reflective of their upbringing. Parenting absolutely can help but there are plenty pieces of shit out there that had terrific parents.
Parenting plays a big part. But, I know there are exceptions.

Hmmmm, I said "Take care of", but I was also meaning having familial relationships/connections. But, whatever. To each their own.
I was talking about my grandad. He had dementia. My parents took him in but he refused to stop smoking and my mom thought he would catch their house on fire. She and my Dad both still worked. She pretty.much had no choice because he was so stubborn.
Sounds like they did the right thing. I wasn’t saying anyone did anything wrong, it was just odd how your argument began compared to how it developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT