ADVERTISEMENT

MODS / "Insiders" | Peyton Barber Question

MarcAntony

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Sombrero Galaxy
He seems to have gone from being the RB equivalent of the backup QB (unproven legend status) to the forgotten man in 12mo.

Last year this time, fresh off his RS, we were hearing how he was a beast with unbridled talent to now barely being talked about. In the extremely limited number of times I've seen him live, whether in a game situation or on the practice field, I have seen the hype - the guy hits the hole so fast, so violently and has excellent feet and agility. For a back his size, his physical ability appears to be in the 'elite' classification.

So I cannot help but be curious as to what has kept him from the field. My natural assumption, going on the information I have (beast mode RB w/ learning disability), is that he has had a hard time picking up the nuances of the position, specifically protections.

If the coaches have any reservations that a back may miss an assignment and let the franchise QB get rocked from his blindside, he's going to have a hard time getting on the field. Now whether or not this is truly the reason Peyton hasn't risen through the ranks as fast as many thought....idunno?

What say you?

*I feel like Roc, by default of having a completely different skillset / running style, will have a major role this season now that he's been through a full season of S&C and practices, however Peyton and Jovon are more or less the same back. One will emerge over the other as the likely feature back.

Nevertheless, I would really love to see Peyton carrying the ball this season - even if it's as a 3rd/4th quarter bruiser with fresh legs to spell Jovon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.