ADVERTISEMENT

Miss State should be in the CFB playoff

AuburnLegacy

All-American
Jan 23, 2003
It would be a monumental miscarriage of justice if any one-loss team from any conference jumps Miss State. The SEC Office needs to man up and demand that Miss State be included. SEC fans across the nation need to voice their opinion on talk shows and on the Internet. I have heard a great deal of commentary stating that Ohio State would jump Miss State if Ohio State wins out. This is REDICULOUS. Miss State is a former No. 1-ranked team. Ohio State has only recently re-entered the top 10 after getting smoked at home by a lower tier ACC school and squeaking by Penn State in overtime. I think Miss State would be favored against every team in the rankings except Alabama and Oregon. Miss State would beat Ohio State 10 out of 10 times. I think Miss State would stand a good chance to win its first national championship in any sport if given the opportunity. Leaving Miss State out of the playoffs would be the equivalent of leaving out Auburn in 2004.

UNACCEPTABLE!
This post was edited on 11/27 8:27 AM by AuburnLegacy

Originally posted by AuburnLegacy:

It would be a monumental miscarriage of justice if any one-loss team from any conference jumps Miss State. The SEC Office needs to man up and demand that Miss State be included. SEC fans across the nation need to voice their opinion on talk shows and on the Internet. I have heard a great deal of commentary stating that Ohio State would jump Miss State if Ohio State wins out. This is REDICULOUS. Miss State is a former No. 1-ranked team. Ohio State has only recently re-entered the top 10 after getting smoked at home by a lower tier ACC school and squeaking by Penn State in overtime. I think Miss State would be favored against every team in the rankings except Alabama and Oregon. Miss State would beat Ohio State 10 out of 10 times. I think Miss State would stand a good chance to win its first national championship in any sport if given the opportunity. Leaving Miss State out of the playoffs would be the equivalent of leaving out Auburn in 2004.

UNACCEPTABLE!
This post was edited on 11/27 8:27 AM by AuburnLegacy
I think Mississippi State should be in too but I think calling it a miscarriage of justice is too strong of words. Ohio State shouldn't ever jump Mississippi State unless State loses due to losing to Virginia Tech at home. But I could easily say that not including TCU or Baylor (one of which will win the Big 12) for a team that doesn't win its division and whose non-conference schedule consists of Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UT Martin is a miscarriage of justice too. You can argue it both ways but to say the Committee doesn't favor the SEC is far fetched in my opinion.

Moot point since they lost two games. If they had won against Ole Miss I might be willing to discuss your point. Fact is the SEC has to make a convincing case to have 2 teams in the actual playoff. Too much SEC jealousy/fatigue and there are other non-SEC teams that can make a strong case for their inclusion.

For the record, I don't consider any of the polls before this week's poll to be anything other than a beauty contest and a way to driving ratings to ESPN on what would normally be a slow Tuesday night. Now, at the end of the regular season, the 4 CFP poll has some meaning - and there's only one SEC team there.

ADVERTISEMENT