ADVERTISEMENT

Lawn Mower Advice Needed - New Purchase and Repair

BrandoAUTigers

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2003
S.E. AL
Issue 1: 2020 JD Z345R 42" with Briggs V-Twin. Mower was surging. Broke down the carb, and found a possible bad o-ring. Cleaned it, Reassembled it. Also adjusted the governor as per online instructions. In haste, I forgot to tighten my bolt to hold the governor in position. Mower started up and went wide open. I immediately cut it off. I went back through the who process again with another carb break down and reassembly plus an adjustment to the governor again. This time it would idle. Just a very slow putt putt putt putt. Repeated yet again, and wide open. Bought a carb rebuild kit. Did this, and now back to barely and idle. Anybody seen this? It's not a 2-barrel carb. (91 hours)

Issue 2: all this started while looking to purchase a new larger mower. We have a number of acres. We cut a good bit of it with a bush hog, but have discovered some parts are just easier with a mower. The side of the road ditch in front of our pasture is one area. It has a good incline in places. Long story short, I want to upgrade to a 60". I have narrowed down to Bad Boy and Hustler. I keep coming back to BB. I have narrowed those to either a Maverick HD or a Rebel/Rebel X. I am sick of being spine shocked on this rough turf here. Any experience with these two? Dealer thinks the Rebel will ride best in my price range because of its wider and longer stance plus being lower to the ground.

Any ideas on the John Deere fix, or on the new purchase?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News