ADVERTISEMENT

K-State fans...

nudbud

First Round Draft Pick
May 29, 2001
I have always had a lot of respect for coach Snyder for all he has accomplished at KSU. What are your expectations for the game Thursday night?

Reactions: coolbreezetiger
Originally posted by nudbud:
I have always had a lot of respect for coach Snyder for all he has accomplished at KSU. What are your expectations for the game Thursday night?
Wild Cats will be all jacked up just like the Cyclones were 9/6/14 or whenever Jay Hawk hoops team comes calling.

Y'all will get the Wild Cats' best possible shot. Ya can't let the Wild Cats run off to a very fast start then turn over the ball to us to start the 2nd half or else it could be just like us @ Baylor in '12 for the Tigers.

If we turn the pigskin over to you after you score the first possession & turn it over again to open the 2nd half then we are toast.

We see this game as a showdown for conference supremacy. Do you?

In a nut shell

Wild Cat super jacked up vs Tiger superior talent.

Our goal 9/18/14 is to make Red Elephants delighted & not make Jay Hawks delighted.

Good luck during conference play!

CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

I look for K-State to come out fired up and ready to play. But emotion will only carry you so far. I expect it to be close the first half with Auburn focusing on pounding the ball with our big OL. Our OL averages over 300 with a lot of experience. I don't think you front 7 can hold up for 4 quarters against that but I could be wrong. I look for Auburn to pull away in the 2nd half. We will get Sammie Coates back this week so I don't think K-State can crowd the line with him on the outside and Duke in the slot. But again coach Snyder is a great one so you can't really count him out.

If we lose, it will not be because we were out-coached, it will be due to your talent level. I mean no disrespect to coach Malzahn. I think he is a good coach. But Snyder is one of the greatest coaches that ever lived. There is nothing AU can throw at us that he won't be prepared for.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen tomorrow night. I have a feeling KSU will either win a close one or get blown out. The key for us will be to stay within striking distance. Auburn is not a team we can come back on if we get down early.

By the way, the Iron Bowl was awesome. All I could think of while that kid was running the ball back was the Alabama guy who poisoned your trees. Bet that was a crappy night for him.

I personally think Auburn will win a high scoring game. Teams loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits and great defensive coaches like Saban have had a hard time stopping Malzahn's offense since he became the head coach. I expect Kansas State will have a hard time stopping Auburn's offense as well. OTOH, Auburn's defense can be vulnerable to give up yards and points at times, and I expect Kansas State will have a good amount of success moving the ball especially with them playing at home

I expect Auburn O to be typical Auburn O and run the ball to open up the pass. I don't think being on the road will be a huge factor because this team has played in front of large crowds on the road already. I understand KState is a loud place but Auburn fast pace and signal from sideline kind of negate crowd noise. I expect a close game with maybe Auburn depth pulling out a win in the 4th quarter. Looking forward to a great game.

Originally posted by ohsfan28:

I personally think Auburn will win a high scoring game. Teams loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits and great defensive coaches like Saban have had a hard time stopping Malzahn's offense
Snyder having 10 days to scout Auburn is an advantage, as we're seeing so far. KState should be easily leading at halftime, and has stopped Auburn better than anyone the last two years.

And since the Big 10 stinks, ESPN all-in with the SEC, and pretending the Oklahoma-Alabama game last Jan. never happened.

hilarious homerism

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT