ADVERTISEMENT

Just got home. My thoughts from this morning…….

JacksonAU

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2007
Auburn, AL
This ain’t worth much, there’s a lot more knowledgable posters on here than me about this stuff, but here’s my two cents from the scrimmage……

- Just like we were told this spring, QBs looked “meh” to me. Thorne made some nice plays up the middle with his feet, didn’t have any great throws or bad throws that stood out. He did make one deep throw to Coleman that would’ve been a thing of beauty, Coleman just barely missed getting his foot down inbounds. I agree with Hank locking up the #2 spot, he had some nice throws but also had a couple of bad throws. Potential is definitely there for White, he just needs to get up to speed at this level.

- Receivers are night and down compared to last year - KLS was dressed out but did not participate - he seemed to be moving around fine with the conditioning he was doing. Lewis and Fairweather had some nice catches where they adjusted and went down low to get the ball. Coleman, Perry, Simmons, and Cain are all ready to play right now. Simmons made the biggest play on a 70 yard TD where White hit him deep over the middle, he shook a DB, and was gone. Perry is almost as big as Coleman and can fly. Sam Jackson had one catch for a nice gain on the first drive, he lined up both outside and in the slot.

- Overall I would’ve liked to have seen the first-team offense have some more “pop” to it, but I’ll admit the defense really seemed to play well together and looked very well-coached. Run defense was a little better than I thought it’d be - hopefully that’s a reflection of our freshmen and transfers being further along than anticipated. Hunter, Alston, and Cobb all looked good.

- IF we find the right portal QB this coming offseason, the sky is the limit in 2025 with this freshman class maturing and developing. WDE!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.