ADVERTISEMENT

Just gonna leave this right here......

He just rolled over in his grave.

md8zjd-b781024351z.120121109170935000goj1b544b.1.jpg

Patton was a bottom? Who knew?

How convenient to deemphasize the role of homosexuality in the story. Reminds me of Thomas Jefferson, who tore out the pages of the Bible that he didn’t like.

Didn't like? Didn't BELIEVE. There's a difference. He got rid of the fantastical portions of the NT. Thought it detracted from the overall message.

The problem I have with the article is that I don’t recall any Apaches being shown in Black Hawk Down. Otherwise, I have no opinion other Than to wish those two dudes a long and happy marriage.

Reactions: au82
OP is jealous and would get wood shedded by either of the two.

I think I beat the shit out of that dude when I was at Ft Bliss.

*edit - poor choice of words

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellerdog
Not really... I fold my T-shirt’s differently... I lost two pounds but Dad says I look thicker. Legs got more muscular... idk how. A school is definitely weird. I’m not used to thinking for myself... so I’m kind of in a haze. Oh and I’m sick so that’s not really helping.

Well, glad you are back and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

How convenient to deemphasize the role of homosexuality in the story. Reminds me of Thomas Jefferson, who tore out the pages of the Bible that he didn’t like.
Unless you understand the Hebrew language and context of the story, don't come in uninformed. The context is specifically about the inhospitality of the people of S&G. Lot (who is saved from destruction due to his hospitality) even offers his two virgin daughters to these "wolves" to protect his guests. That seems counterintuitive to a Godly man. Showing travelers hospitality was a huge deal. Traveling anywhere during that time was very dangerous. There were no inns. You had to wait outside a city at the well and hope people would offer you a place to stay. In S&G, they were bringing travelers in and raping them. The only reason homosexuality is brought up isn't because it is being condemned in the text, but because it was condemned in society as a whole except for in this dangerous and evil city. Anyone taking this story as a direct condemnation of homosexuality doesn't actually study their Bible or Hebrew. Read some of the published Christian and Jewish commentaries on the story and you'll see that homosexuality wasn't why S&G was destroyed. Beyond that, who am I or you to judge. It's God's place and his alone. All sin is covered by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

The funny thing is that Jesus mentions money as the root of evil and preached on money more than any other sin......by alot, but we Christians are ready to point fingers at homosexuals and not ready to give our money away to the poor.

Reactions: Wareagle0585
While I may not agree with same sex marriage in a biblical level, I do not care what people do on a personal level. Someone’s sexual preference, skin color or nationality does not define the person as a human being. Love, kindness, bravery and strength come from the heart and mind. Those two things are the only two things that should matter

While I may not agree with same sex marriage in a biblical level, I do not care what people do on a personal level. Someone’s sexual preference, skin color or nationality does not define the person as a human being. Love, kindness, bravery and strength come from the heart and mind. Those two things are the only two things that should matter
I like debates. This guy started winning me over. He makes some Biblical points for homosexuality within marriage. I use to be staunchly against it, but the more I study Hebrew culture, the more I see the Bible isn't as direct on the subject as some would make you think.
Thank you

Boom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT