ADVERTISEMENT

Jovon...smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

People don't just show up and whip MT's ass because Jovon was banging some dude's wife and he gave him a ride to Columbus.

I love how dumb and gullible our fanbase can be after the fact. Especially when a kid doesn't have a chance to defend himself.

I know you will argue with a telephone pole so this is probs a waste of brAUthe

But why would Jovon lie if everything was on the "up and up"?

And regardless of what you think it's messed up that he didn't make sure he was taken care of when they got back. Just common decency since he is essentially the reason MT got his A whipped.

Not even a good attempt. Bad troll is bad.
I just think it's poor form to bag an early 20-something kid, and it be fueled by the mods here (who are grown ass men) by posting the knowingly inflammatory column, when said kid has been through more than most on here will ever know and has no voice here to defend himself.

Then, you consider all the "behind the scenes" corrupt ish that goes on in our AD by "Auburn Men" under the pretenses of being "good Auburn Men" and it just seems shitty and ironic that the Bunker is gonna rag the kid.

My two cents...

I just think it's poor form to bag an early 20-something kid, and it be fueled by the mods here (who are grown ass men) by posting the knowingly inflammatory column, when said kid has been through more than most on here will ever know and has no voice here to defend himself.

Then, you consider all the "behind the scenes" corrupt ish that goes on in our AD by "Auburn Men" under the pretenses of being "good Auburn Men" and it just seems shitty and ironic that the Bunker is gonna rag the kid.

My two cents...
Actually, you seem to be doing quite well as the Voice of Jovon. Kerryon.

Reactions: hooter80
What Jovon did was wrong, he made a mistake and should be disciplined. I still disagree with kicking him off the team.

Reactions: Duf-diver
He was disciplined like 800 times and still didn't get it. He was given numerous chances and blew all of them.
Sounds like typical behavior issues of troubled young men. Surely we researched his behavior and character before we begged him to play football for us. If his character wasn't a problem before, why now? Let's be honest, if JR was an all-American athlete, he would not have gotten dismissed for this.

Sounds like typical behavior issues of troubled young men. Surely we researched his behavior and character before we begged him to play football for us. If his character wasn't a problem before, why now? Let's be honest, if JR was an all-American athlete, he would not have gotten dismissed for this.

Maybe he's good at putting on a front. Either way, auburn football isn't juvie hall or a counseling center. Shape up or ship out.

Maybe he's good at putting on a front. Either way, auburn football isn't juvie hall or a counseling center. Shape up or ship out.
I wonder what we would have done if Cam Newton had done something similar AND gotten arrested. I'm sure we would have bailed him out of jail and begged the NCAA to not prohibit him from playing. Jovon did not have to be dismissed.

I wonder what we would have done if Cam Newton had done something similar AND gotten arrested. I'm sure we would have bailed him out of jail and begged the NCAA to not prohibit him from playing. Jovon did not have to be dismissed.

Considering it was under a different coaching regime AND cam never did any of that, I don't find that to be a valid comparison. We all saw what duke Williams did to the team. Jovon is duke 2.0.

Reactions: WeSayWarEagle

My two cents...

tiniest_violin.gif

But he was an All-American athlete in terms of ability. Never could act right long enough to prove it. No one owes him anything at this point.

Reactions: hooter80
But he was an All-American athlete in terms of ability. Never could act right long enough to prove it. No one owes him anything at this point.
My point is on field performance changes how this problem would have been handled. I just find it hard to believe Cam or Bo would have been dismissed for what JR did.

Reactions: L I G E R
My question to you is: Why was someone going after Marshall regarding a situation that had nothing to do with him?

Simple, guilty by association. I am curious to why as soon as he gets to Auburn the wheels came off. Either the coaches at his JUCO kept everything under wraps or he actually kept his nose clean (the head coach who brought him off the scrap heap may have had some repoire and trust with Jovon). A lot of idioms in there.

He has had every chance to defend himself. He's talked with JGT and could have given him the full story. He could clear all this up any time he wants to and he's chosen not to. And he lied about dumping Taylor back in his dorm room unconscious, which tells me that if I'm believing anyone, I'm believing Taylor.

No one said Taylor didn't have a part in it. He was with Jovon and was in the line of fire so to speak. Probably mouthed off to the wrong dude too. But the bottom line isn't whether he made it more likely he'd get his ass kicked. The bottom line is Jovon the entire incident had to do with Jovon's behavior and when Marshall got mixed up in it and beat unconscious, this POS didn't defend him, didn't take him to the ER to get looked at - he dumped him in his dorm room, didn't bother calling a team doctor or coach and then lied about doing it.
this is the truth right here. Jovon left a man to die because he didn't want to face consequences. That is disloyal, immoral, and ****ed up. Jovon deserves whats coming to him in life because this right here is an extremely cowardly low life thing to do. I understand where he is coming from feeling different than other folks and wanting to make his own path but this is the opposite of doing that. This is being a shitbag from the word go. Guy deserves every bit of what he gets for this action alone. What a coward.

My point is on field performance changes how this problem would have been handled. I just find it hard to believe Cam or Bo would have been dismissed for what JR did.
Cam or Bo would have never been in this situation to begin with which is why they are legends and jovon will work at walmart.

Cam or Bo would have never been in this situation to begin with which is why they are legends and jovon will work at walmart.
Cam got in trouble at Florida. You think Florida would have dismissed Tebow for what Cam did?

I also spoke with X DAMPEER today. He said the "incident" with Duke Williams ended up being a blessing in disguise because X got to have two senior years. Seemed totally at peace with everything. Will write that one up sometime soon ...

This story is good. Shon Coleman showed a true example of what it's like to be a good teammate and friend in this incident. I was proud to hear the confirmation on how that played out.

Recap, please? I don't remember this.

Cam got in trouble at Florida. You think Florida would have dismissed Tebow for what Cam did?

Damn now liger is getting a run for his money on how dumb someone can be. Jovon wouldn't have gotten kicked off had he did what cam did. Leaving a guy unconscious is a little more serious. Especially when you consider this was about jovons 5th chance already. Stop being an idiot

Reactions: WeSayWarEagle
Yep. Despite their best efforts to frame Jovon in a terrible light, the story is basically:

-Jovon basically banged a married woman (legal)
-Jovon went to see this girl in Columbus and MT rode with him (also legal)
-At the party, her husband and his boys showed up and JR left while MT probably mouthed off and fought them.
-Jovon drove him back and didn't assume the role of full caretaker.
-Jovon wasn't up front about going to see a married chick and a fight breaking out to Derpy Gus.
-Jovon is now one of the worst people on earth.

Troll is weak troll.

I didn't read this overlong thread for obvious reasons, but I'll make two brief observations:

1. Nothing good happens to our players when they leave Auburn to TCOB.

2. Getting into a fight is almost always mutual. Leaving a friend is unilateral, cowardly and totally unacceptable.

So on top of the banging, he drags a teammate to the show, then leaves him hanging without helping him out. unless MT was also Johnsoning the married chick why would he get beat instead of Jovon... what an *mbeceel
If he toted him out unconscious he didn't leave him. Also I thought the bunker ladies gossip club swore Javon beat up Taylor.

Reactions: L I G E R
If he toted him out unconscious he didn't leave him. Also I thought the bunker ladies gossip club swore Javon beat up Taylor.

Considering they were in Taylor's car he had no choice but to bring him back, by leaving him unconscious and denying it he proves that he is a coward and a POS.

Regardless of everything else in this instance he lied to the coaches, and it apparently was not the first time, so was he to be given an ice team cone?

El oh el at Gus haters taking up for this POS. Yea, he has been thru a lot but you can only give him so many chances until you realize he's a POS. Blame his upbringing all you want but the result is still the same.

This was bound to happen sooner or and probably won;'t be the last incident involving Jovon. He has a big problem with authority figures, boundaries and anger control all of which point to more trouble. It's really sad that he has the talent that he has which properly handled, could mean wealth and a nice life for the guy. Instead, he may waste it and wind up in prison for life or worse. I wonder if part of our athletic program could or should include a course or courses in anger management and behavior modification. it sure seems that many of them today could benefit from such and help them at the same time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT