ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: discuss UGA fan types

AUBKV

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I live in ATL and I’ll add a few:

the North OTP grad: these are the nerdy guys from Roswell/Alpharetta/John’s Creek that studied really hard. Tend to brag about how much they drank and how little they tried in school but in reality, overbearing pressure from their parents to succeed created a crippling fear of anxiety of disappointing them and they all graduated magna cum laude. They tend to be very elitist, have an irrational hatred of Auburn stemming from when Nick Fairley bullied their hero Aaron Murray in 2010 and apply way too much effort into their UGA fandom. avoids confrontation with the “salt of the earth” fans from other SEC schools (ie won’t wear UGA gear to away games unless in large crowds of fellow fans). When UGA wins, gets overzealous with trash talking but typically rolls over and shows submission when the dawgs lose with comments like “yeah we suck”. Overly infatuated with every UGA QB.

BwTIElCIQAA1_J9.jpg

- Rural bald goatee bark bark: everyone knows this guy. Bald/balding with a goatee, lives in Carrollton or some rural outskirt town and sells overpriced HVAC systems from his 2003 red F-150. 0% chance they’re alumni. Pretty much the opposite of the north OTP grad, who the rural bark barks consider “soy boys” despite their love for the same school). Tend to be over confrontational and sensitive about UGA sports. They’re the stereotypical bammer with a UGA flair.
C1YB2W-WgAApMh2-600x377.jpg

Transplant ATL UGA fan:

This guy most likely went to a small college up north you’ve never heard of that didn’t have a football team and relo’ed to ATL to work in IT at Invesco. Most ATL sports stink so they continue to root for their hometown NFL team (wearing said jerseys to Falcons games). Felt a need to adopt an SEC team to engage in office water cooler talk and picked the Dawgs after carefully weighing their options. The Kirby Smart era has caused an uptick in these fan types. No idea of UGA football history pre-2015ish, only knows about 1980 and Hershel walker. No clue who David Greene is and their mind is always blown when you tell them David Pollack played for UGA. When you try to discuss specific plays in games, their eyes glaze over and they try to hide the fact they were watching Netflix instead of the game with “oh I must’ve missed that I was in the bathroom but Stetson Bennett went 14/17 for 254 yards” since they memorized the box score stats to sound educated.

9a6a9612cdec928282a13a05dfbce960

Reactions: mosscha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.