ADVERTISEMENT

Is the 2023 to 2024 Auburn receiving corp the best turnaround ever for a Auburn position group?

copper4X

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2018
The 2023 group was possibly the worst position group I've seen at Auburn. Even against LSU, who had a terrible secondary last season, they got zero separation. They would catch a ball if they got wide open via a coverage bust. But any ball remotely competitive you could forget about. It's one thing not catching a ball when a DB is fighting your hands for it, but they'd drop the ball if the DB was in smelling distance. They weren't even that good at blocking either.

The receiving corp now is full of studs. 3 transfers in, two of which Jackson V and Lambert-Smith accounted for 171 yards and 3 TD's. And plenty of very talented freshmen. Obviously it's just Alabama A&M, but these guys are good. I look forward to seeing how they do in the SEC. I think they're easily the best receiving corp since 2017, possibly since 2014.

If you really wanna sunshine, they genuinely have a shot at being the best receiving corp Auburn has ever had. I'm not saying they will, but the talent is there for that kind of potential.

Regardless, I think WR will be a strength for this team. Possibly the best group on the team. Last season they were easily the worst, and a huge liability.

I'm actually curious if anyone can think of any more notable turnarounds. I guess you could point out some of the groups from 2012-13. Notably the OL barely gave a shit in 2012, and then turned into a bunch of road graders in 2013. Of course, it helps that the transfer portal exists now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.