ADVERTISEMENT

Is police brutality really a huge issue?

stevesawbone

All-American
Nov 14, 2005
Anecdotal evidence is a horrible way to form an opinion and I’m not sure the evidence supports this.

Sentencing guidelines are unevenly applied and carry inherent racism. They’re also at times much more harsh in the context of poverty (example being license suspensions which can create a no way out situation). I think we’re on the wrong subject here.

I could be wrong, I admit it’s not an area of significant expertise, so if I am correct me.

You get what you pay for. The low pay in most police departments can attract some folks that should not be there, I know my brother-in-law should never have been on the Memphis PD. It would appear that there may need to be more psychological testing before and after people are given a gun and a badge. Federal law enforcement has less problems because they can pay more and therefore can be more selective in their hiring.

It's an issue not just because of the violence, but we're taught at a very young age police officers are people we can trust. It may not be right, but there have been too many caught on tape doing things like this, and now their is a stigma. It isn't right, but you see a certain group do the same thing enough times, it becomes ingrained that that is how they all are.

Anecdotal evidence is a horrible way to form an opinion and I’m not sure the evidence supports this.

Sentencing guidelines are unevenly applied and carry inherent racism. They’re also at times much more harsh in the context of poverty (example being license suspensions which can create a no way out situation). I think we’re on the wrong subject here.

I could be wrong, I admit it’s not an area of significant expertise, so if I am correct me.

dumb question!

You get what you pay for. The low pay in most police departments can attract some folks that should not be there, I know my brother-in-law should never have been on the Memphis PD. It would appear that there may need to be more psychological testing before and after people are given a gun and a badge. Federal law enforcement has less problems because they can pay more and therefore can be more selective in their hiring.
Underrated post. Police can be very dangerous work, and they don't get paid crap. They're a product of what that job pays vs risk. When you really think about it logically it's kind of a surprise they even do as decent of a job as they do. These horrible incidents are not common.

Underrated post. Police can be very dangerous work, and they don't get paid crap. They're a product of what that job pays vs risk. When you really think about it logically it's kind of a surprise they even do as decent of a job as they do. These horrible incidents are not common.
Nor are they ‘race’ related. Statistics show that. I don’t know why the media is hell bent on saying otherwise when the data shows the opposite. They are just going to get cops killed with this narrative. Not that they care as long as they get ratings.

Reactions: stevesawbone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT