ADVERTISEMENT

Is Nick Saban the luckiest coach in the history of college football

ohsfan28

All-American
Aug 9, 2011
Name another coach who has benefitted from the following luck:

Not only backs into the national championship game in 2003 after losing to a Ron Zook coached team by 3 touchdowns but gets to face a team that lost their conference championship game by 5 or 6 touchdowns

Star player for opposing team gets injured in the first quarter of 2009 championship game

Backs into 2011 championship game without winning own division championship

Clearly gets out played on both offense and defense in 2015 championship game but wins largely due to onsides kick

Had to have this play just to reach ATL and the playoffs. FACT

hunter-tossback.gif

Yeah I forgot that Ole Miss would have won the western division without that play happening

Well I dunno but he is lacking in the FGFR3 gene and could use some growth hormone.
Rooow damn Thde Rowww!

littleman.jpg

This is why I love the turds. No fanbase that lived through the 2013 season would have the AUdacity or shame to mention any program ever being lucky.

The difference is, we were able to capitalize on that luck and win it all. Harry needed the two flukiest plays in the history of the game just to make it to the SECCG. Then he needed Michigan State scoring a massive upset over Ohio State to back into the NC game.

Where he ran aubarn out to an 18-point lead then watched as Jeremy Pruitt dismantled his offense with surgical precision in the biggest NC choke of all-time.

Now tell me more about how lucky Bama is.

460x.jpg

Name another coach who has benefitted from the following luck:

Not only backs into the national championship game in 2003 after losing to a Ron Zook coached team by 3 touchdowns but gets to face a team that lost their conference championship game by 5 or 6 touchdowns

Star player for opposing team gets injured in the first quarter of 2009 championship game

Backs into 2011 championship game without winning own division championship

Clearly gets out played on both offense and defense in 2015 championship game but wins largely due to onsides kick
Thay been good but they also been lucky as hayul.
The luckiest thay ever been wuz playing Notre Dame in that champyunship. Notre Dame wuz basically not even a top 25 team that year and sum how made it to the champyunship.

Thay been good but they also been lucky as hayul.
The luckiest thay ever been wuz playing Notre Dame in that champyunship. Notre Dame wuz basically not even a top 25 team that year and sum how made it to the champyunship.

Notre Dame was undefeated and not a Top 25 team?

I love talking college football with the boogs.

Hey rumor has it that coach is getting lucky.... if you know what I mean...... little man pack a punch! He told Gov Bentley to move over!

Rooooow damn Thde Rooooow!
beccaandsaban.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT