ADVERTISEMENT

I wasn't really sold on Harsin. After media days, it's the proudest I've been of this program in a long time.

murray_hitchock

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2020
Bryan Harsin, when asked if he had received the experimental jab, told them it was none of their damned business.

Bryan Harsin, when asked if he would encourage his players to take the experimental jab, told them it was none of their damned business.

Bryan Harsin, when asked about football, answered in ways that made me really believe that he's the man for the job, a disciplinarian who believes that hard work, repetition, and BELIEF, will get this program to where it needs to be.

I'll trade that optics nonsense for a man who will go to bat for his players, the majority of which are black and have solid, historical reasons for not trusting what the federal government says about the experimental jab (see the Tuskegee Experiment, along with many other evil experiments the federal government has carried out against black people).

What Greg Sankey is doing in pushing and promoting the 80% vaccination rate among players is inherently racist and there's not much else you can say about it. The majority of the players in this league are black, and black people have been given no reason in the past 245 years, whatsoever, to trust anything that the federal government has to say. To coerce them into taking a medicine that is still very new and the ultimate side-effects of which are largely unknown is completely insensitive and tone-deaf.

I'm proud our guy wasn't having any of it. WDE.

tenor.gif

Bryan Harsin, when asked if he had received the experimental jab, told them it was none of their damned business.

Bryan Harsin, when asked if he would encourage his players to take the experimental jab, told them it was none of their damned business.

Bryan Harsin, when asked about football, answered in ways that made me really believe that he's the man for the job, a disciplinarian who believes that hard work, repetition, and BELIEF, will get this program to where it needs to be.

I'll trade that optics nonsense for a man who will go to bat for his players, the majority of which are black and have solid, historical reasons for not trusting what the federal government says about the experimental jab (see the Tuskegee Experiment, along with many other evil experiments the federal government has carried out against black people).

What Greg Sankey is doing in pushing and promoting the 80% vaccination rate among players is inherently racist and there's not much else you can say about it. The majority of the players in this league are black, and black people have been given no reason in the past 245 years, whatsoever, to trust anything that the federal government has to say. To coerce them into taking a medicine that is still very new and the ultimate side-effects of which are largely unknown is completely insensitive and tone-deaf.

Prolly should’ve just put some *** at the end of your topic and been done with it

Comparing a vaccine taken by hundreds of millions of people to the Tuskegee experiments is real rich.

ps: thought Harsin did well at media days.

trophy points check out

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV

Fabulous work. Not sure Aler could’ve done better.

I do appreciate that he didn’t force his players to take the shots under threat of being benched like other programs in the conference.

FWIW, Harsin has been vaccinated and the team is being encouraged to get vaccinated. Not mandated - encouraged. The university has staff on call to administer vaccines as desired when requested.

Harsin said publicly a scripted piece on what you would want a new HC in the SEC to say - something that wouldn't detract from the message of the day, which was about Auburn football in his first year as HC.

FWIW, Harsin has been vaccinated and the team is being encouraged to get vaccinated. Not mandated - encouraged. The university has staff on call to administer vaccines as desired when requested.

Harsin said publicly a scripted piece on what you would want a new HC in the SEC to say - something that wouldn't detract from the message of the day, which was about Auburn football in his first year as HC.
Have you heard any (bama and UGA) telling players they won’t play if they aren’t vaccinated? Heard that the other day.

Have you heard any (bama and UGA) telling players they won’t play if they aren’t vaccinated? Heard that the other day.

Just rumor, nothing solid. It would be bad press to mandate it even at this level...but there can be a fine line between mandatory and optional ... for instance, several players who opted out last year during COVID have now found themselves without scholarships in various schools across the SEC and elsewhere...

You sure he's been vaxxed?

You sure he's been vaxxed?

Of course not. I was told he was, and that all of the other coaches were too, except one, and that they're encouraging the players to do so and will have a push once everyone gets back to campus.

Reactions: reddypm
Just rumor, nothing solid. It would be bad press to mandate it even at this level...but there can be a fine line between mandatory and optional ... for instance, several players who opted out last year during COVID have now found themselves without scholarships in various schools across the SEC and elsewhere...

it will be interesting what happens to the reject kids from the portal. Maybe this will teach more children to really really think hard about it. Tutt definitely could have played somewhere

Reactions: Bassman
The number of leftists on an Auburn Football forum is also becoming alarming.

If by leftists you mean liberals, then yes, we've been here all along, as @GONIG BUCK said.

The fact that anyone would assume political ideology based upon a football message board is both disturbing and somehow sadly apropos.

@Bassman i heard that from a Corch with several kids at UGA.

These college age kids probably won't get sick even if they have Sars-CoV-2 ... but I'm going to have to bounce for a while the day after we lose a game because we have an outbreak before an SEC contest. Let's hope we're fortunate enough to avoid that kind of disaster.

Reactions: Stumpfan
These college age kids probably won't get sick even if they have Sars-CoV-2 ... but I'm going to have to bounce for a while the day after we lose a game because we have an outbreak before an SEC contest. Let's hope we're fortunate enough to avoid that kind of disaster.
Yeah that’s going to be a shitshow. Hopefully that doesn’t happen.

Reactions: Bassman
Of course not. I was told he was, and that all of the other coaches were too, except one, and that they're encouraging the players to do so and will have a push once everyone gets back to campus.

I'd previously heard he was the one coach who isn't vaxxed. Same person told me he was asked to do the vaccine PSA with Barkley and Saban and co and declined because he was against the vaccine.

giphy.gif

Here's a secret: OP doesn't actually care about black people

Well said

That’s more important to you than winning football games? You’re part of the problem when we go 7-6 or 8-5 and call that a success.
The number of leftists on an Auburn Football forum is also becoming alarming.
Oh, you’re just a moron.

ADVERTISEMENT