ADVERTISEMENT

I really miss the 'beautiful mind' of ole Lester Miles

Eagle5

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Birmingham, Alabama
WHO, I ask, is going to step into the breach of idiocy where that coach, Les Miles, left such a large void with his beautiful mind long gone (literally)? No one comes to mind, a sea of 'coach-speak' played safely, with the lone exception of Lane Kiffin I guess.

A sampler of Lester Miles keepers, please to enjoy!!

E5

Les Miles, every SID's dream in front of a presser mic:

Miles said he isn't sure the use of a spy, or a defender designated to shadow Cam Newton near the line of scrimmage, would slow down Newton's gallops into the open field.

"If you take a spy and you play him up and in, you get him blocked," Miles said. "If you take a spy and you play him in the center of the field ... then can you tackle Cam Newton in a position where you stopped him from being a first-down carry? It becomes a very difficult situation in my opinion to put one guy on Cam Newton. It just doesn't seem to pay any dividends to me.

"If I could have a spy that no one could see, if I could have a guy on the field that didn't count, I think that would be maybe a great answer."

Louisiana has a heritage of great players that play their high school football within the boundaries of Louisiana. - LSUSports.net, Jan 2, 2005

Louisiana first. Texas, Florida second and wherever you can get to where there is a great interest in a talented player interested in LSU. - LSUSports.net, Jan 2, 2005

The only thing that I can tell you is that I am relatively honest and somewhat deceptive - LSUSports.net, Jan 2, 2005

There was great interest there as soon as that interest was mutual. - LSUSports.net, Jan 2, 2005

I understand the opponents go by Mike (the Tiger). I understand it is called Death Valley and why. I look forward to it. - LSUSports.net, Jan 2, 2005

I didn't like the turnovers, not the fumbles and not the pass interception, but I really feel like the offense played well considering. - NCAAFootball.com, Sep 11, 2006

Certainly the greatest rivalry is to play with championship implications, and this certainly is. - CSTV.com, Sep 12, 2006

I have sent the film of the play to the SEC and asked them to describe it to me. - The Times-Picayune, Sep 12, 2006

It's early in the season and counts just one. You don't want to necessarily make it the championship game, because the championship is not on the line. - ESPN.com, Sep 14, 2006

We're challenged in all three phases and look forward to it, I might add. - KITV.com, Sep 15, 2006

There's going to be some guys whose butts I'm just going to rip if this film shows me anything that resembles a personal foul without intent to play football. - The Daily Reveille, Nov 19, 2006

We have the distinct impression that we may be the best team in the West. The West Division champion is the Arkansas team. I'm not certain who the best is. - The Washington Post, Nov 25, 2006

As soon as we know exactly who we are playing and what date we will be playing on, the schedule will become more finite. - LSUSports.net, Nov 28, 2006

In a country where we have set rules and guidelines for rankings and where the best should play, and if history repeats itself, the highest ranked, the best game is where the BCS should hang its hat, not on television ratings. - LSUSports.net, Nov 28, 2006

If there's a characteristic about a competitor it would be when the game's on the line, whether it be overtime or with time ticking, and you have to perform that characteristic. Being able to do that is the greatest advantage. - LSUSports.net, Nov 28, 2006

They can always equate some big game in the past with the style of environment they are going into. - Associated Press, Sep 15, 2008

Any time you play a Western Division opponent it has very significant consequence. - LSUSports.net, Sep 15, 2008

By strategy of call, it was an excellent call. By productivity, it was a bad call. - LSUSports.net, Nov 10, 2008

I don't know that anyone on my team knows what a self fulfilling prophecy is. If they do, I hope that they take it in later in their years. - LSUSports.net, Nov 10, 2008

What you hope is that there's a light that comes on and, instead of on and off, it stays on. - LSUSports.net, Nov 10, 2008

I have enjoyed the memory of that game and I have said 'Wow' to myself many times. - Scout.com, Nov 17, 2008

The enjoyment of winning and victory is plenty enough for this football team. - Scout.com, Nov 17, 2008

Football is a great game, and to determine achievement by one venue or championship probably isn't fair. - Scout.com, Nov 17, 2008

Every time we come down this road, we talk about what it was like to take a team trip on a bus that was very significant -- to play for a national championship. - The Times-Picayune, Jul 18, 2011

There is a very comfortable forecast for a sustained focus in learning and qualifying a team's willingness to compete. - LSUSports.net, Aug 1, 2012

There's always a piece of every game where you decide to win. - LSUSports.net, Aug 14, 2012

Our quarterback played very well, he was very kind of on the money. - The Associated Press, Sep 9, 2012

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.