ADVERTISEMENT

I no longer want Deion at AU. We need Hugh Freeze at AU.

Jirao

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2019
Look. I loved the idea. Will he recruit? Yes. Will he make headlines? Yes. 5 Stars? Yup. It sounds great but the more and more I listen to the more I realize how important a fit is. UT is rolling right now due to it.

If PT was hired at AU not everyone would support him. Some in PTB would feel beat again, Could chose not to support him like Harsin and even if recruiting is good could fire him before he has time to change the culture. And ofc if he did get fired here he would shit on Auburn every time he could. He would still have a huge voice as a NFL HOF and it might kill the program for a while.

Yesterday was the biggest wake up call for me as Deion would think he is bigger then the school. Went on a rant about how he is the SWAC (I know the other coach started it) and im sure he would think he is Auburn. Just would probably end up being a problem.

One of the other things I thought is Deion would have a staff of NFL guys to make up for his lack of X and O Experience. Problem is those NFL guys arnt recruiters. They would have no relationships to the HS in the state which is one of the reasons we are in the spot we are in now.

He might kill it elsewhere. But he isnt the right man for AU at this time.

The right man at this time for AU is Hugh Freeze. I have watched all of his liberty games this year in the past 2 weeks and the #1 thing that has stood out to me is his ability to adjust. He is on QB 3 this year. His offense changes based on which QB is in (What a crazy concept @Haskins) QB2 is like Robby. DT guy who has passing issues. QB 3 is like TJ. Better Passer with limited Mobility. He goes up tempo with the first guy and uses his legs properly. With the 2nd guy he slows it down. It works and is so refreshing to see. Liberty is 1 win away from there 4th bowl game in a row, There 4th of all time, All with Hugh at the helm.

Over the past three years, Liberty has played five games against opponents from that league. Clearly, being a Power Five Conference, the ACC teams should be stronger.
Liberty 38 Syracuse 20

Liberty 38 Virginia Tech 35

North Carolina State 15 Liberty 14

Syracuse 24 Liberty 22 (Liberty missed what would have been the game winning FG on the final play)

Wake Forest 37 Liberty 36

Thats really good for the talent gap he has vs those teams.

Hugh is a elite recruiter. I know most will talk about how he cheated etc. Are we really going to act like EVERYONE cheats? He got 2 top 10 classes in OXFORD!! To put it in perspective Bryan Harsin had a higher ranked class then Lane last year. Really incredible.

Ole Miss folks really dont have any hard feelings toward Hugh for the most part. How rare is that? A decent bit think he would kill it here. They talk about how great of a recruiter he was. Talk about how he is a really good coach. Though they all would rather have Lane.

Most importantly. If The President signs off on it he will support him. Hartwell hired him at Ole Miss, He will support him. Per the mods the money men want him. The PTB will support him. Fans will support him. Auburn will have the alignment we all have desired for a long time. For a time there will be no fighting. AU would be all in on a guy.

Sorry for another long post on this board. When I started typing this I didnt think it would be this long. Just hope to share my perspective since I see alot of Hugh hate because people want Prime.

TLDR: Go get Hugh Freeze.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.