ADVERTISEMENT

I miss the days when boogs had pride in their sports programs

Jan 30, 2016
It really wasn't that long ago. The boogs used to brag with confidence that they would beat Bama in all sports. Now, they don't even want to talk sports, and if they do all they want to talk about is how other teams like Ole Miss can beat Bama. Because they no longer can.

Kinda sad. A few years ago it was 'This year is One For The Thumb', now it's 'Bama only wins cause they are lucky!'

How sad. I used to look forward to the day when aubarn was a complete trainwreck in all sports, but now that it's here, I really do pity yall.

fear-the-thumb.jpg

We have to pay Jay Jacobs $3M if we fire him after upcoming football season.

Not sure what Malzahn's buyout is, but he and JJ will both be very expensive to get rid of.

Not sure what Malzahn's buyout is, but he and JJ will both be very expensive to get rid of.
That's why your program is bleeding cash and your facilities are falling behind everyone else in the SEC. Poor business management in your AD and back woods "leadership" from your board.

It's really sad, but AU has to do this. Good coaches won't come there cause they know the facilities are trash and the AD can't afford to upgrade. And they can't afford to upgrade cause the only way they can attract a coach to a school with subpar facilities is to overpay the coaches on the front end. They did that with Chizik and his entire staff, and they had to do it with Harry and his staff.

So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. aubarn is constantly in debt and can't afford to spend on facilities to make the job more attractive. At the same time, other programs ARE spending cash so au falls even futher behind.

The scoreboard is the first recognizable change to the stadium since the 80s. And I saw many boogs complaining last year that it actually made the stadium experience worse cause everyone was watching the screen trying to see their picture or tweet there instead of paying attention to them game.

Can't see it changing anytime soon.

It's really sad, but AU has to do this. Good coaches won't come there cause they know the facilities are trash and the AD can't afford to upgrade. And they can't afford to upgrade cause the only way they can attract a coach to a school with subpar facilities is to overpay the coaches on the front end. They did that with Chizik and his entire staff, and they had to do it with Harry and his staff.

So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. aubarn is constantly in debt and can't afford to spend on facilities to make the job more attractive. At the same time, other programs ARE spending cash so au falls even futher behind.

The scoreboard is the first recognizable change to the stadium since the 80s. And I saw many boogs complaining last year that it actually made the stadium experience worse cause everyone was watching the screen trying to see their picture or tweet there instead of paying attention to them game.

Can't see it changing anytime soon.
Agreed on the scoreboard thing. My Aub kinfolk don't like it. I was there for that Alabama game and agreed it's overkill. The sound is too loud and it's a distraction from the game at times. My aub family says the same thing, that day I saw it first hand and agreed.

That cash could have been better spent on other improvements IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT