ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Finley is not getting enough credit for how he played Saturday.

copper4X

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2018
Maybe it is just shrouded thanks to all the other drama and stuff that is happening. I thought he played excellent. Jay G Tate wrote in his 3-2-1 Report: "Was he excellent? No. Did he play like a savior? No." I don't know if I entirely agree with that. I mean, he quite literally saved the game. Not sure what else a guy has to do to "play like a savior".

He was the highest graded player per PFF, for anyone who actually played a respectable amount of snaps. That grade was over 90 btw. Which is very impressive. I felt like he was really good. Also, while he did miss some throws, his throws were barely off. While with Nix the dude will overthrow receivers 5 yards on a ****ing fade. I mean, a fade is barely even a 5 yard route to begin with.

Finley is much closer to hitting home than Nix is. That matters. Nix is overthrowing receivers so bad that they're by rule uncatchable. If he wasn't we might've gotten a PI call on that 4th and goal against PSU. The receiver was mauled to the ground after all. Point is, with Nix's terrible throwing, we just don't have a chance to even get saved by ref ball.

I was really impressed. It was a small sample size. And it was against a team that shouldn't have never been an issue in the first place. So I'm not saying he's the next big thing or anything. I'm not attempting to overhype the guy. I maintain that I have no idea what is happening with this team. We could go 4-8 or 8-4, I got no clue. But I do think Finley is not getting enough credit for the small playing time he received Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.