ADVERTISEMENT

I feel as a Black Male in America

That's whites are naturally scared of blacks. Not all white people, but the majority are. This is a problem in America. I would like the thoughts of the bunker on this subject.
tbt.gif

That's whites are naturally scared of blacks. Not all white people, but the majority are. This is a problem in America. I would like the thoughts of the bunker on this subject.
MORNING GANGZZZZZZZZTA!!!! Hope all iz well DAWG!!!!
I ain't thank I'm skared of blacks if I'm in FARE HOPE or TROY or sumplaze. If you dropped my azz off in ENZLEEEE at 1 am, I kood probly git scared.
Althoe having sed dat, I've been that lone white guy at the "TIDE AND TIGER" (rite acrosss frum Legion Field) with 200 black peepel and had an abzalooot blazzt KARIOKEEEING "YOU DROPPED A BOMB ON ME" many a time!!

I think there are a whole lot of white people who don't understand black culture, the struggles that black people face and the reasons behind why they feel they way they do about their place in this country.

And we always fear what we don't understand.

People see crime statistics and news stories and tie the actions to race instead of socioeconomic status, which is the real cause. Could spend forever debating that topic... but I think a lot of times classism and racism lines get blurred.

This seems rather racist....but for me personally, I'm not scared of any race, I'm scared of thugs(white, black, red, yellow) that defy authority and do things for their own selfishness. If you act like an adult around me you'll be treated as such...

Come on rice. You know im not a racist. Its a honest opinion. We are having a discussion.

Naturally scared? Interesting.

Human beings are born with two natural fears. Loud Noises and Falling. That’s it. Everything else is learned either through experience or deliberate instruction.

So given what “Natural Fears” actually are.. As a Black Man, which of the two; “experience” or “instruction” have created this fear of blacks in White People?

Only in certain age groups and in certain situations. But if you substituted whites in most of those situations the caution level would be nearly just as high.

To say whites are scared of blacks - period - is not true. I have black friends and I like and respect a lot of the black people I work with.

If there are people that are scared to interact with black people then they have a problem - and are living in Hell if they live in Alabama.

Need more context to really answer.

Based on socioeconomic data, I could probably say I’d be afraid for a higher percentage of blacks than whites. I could also say There are more white Americans than black Americans that I’d be afraid of.

(I know I’m going to regret being kind of a smartass here.)

Naturally scared? Interesting.

Human beings are born with two natural fears. Loud Noises and Falling. That’s it. Everything else is learned either through experience or deliberate instruction.

So given what “Natural Fears” actually are.. As a Black Man, which of the two; “experience” or “instruction” have created this fear of blacks in White People?

I would say the same that created the fear of whites for blacks.

I would say the same that created the fear of whites for blacks.
Here's the thing, both sides have a spiritual problem in that in general we use what we see on the outside of people to make judgments not what is on the inside. I've learned that the hard way and still continue to learn that each and every day in my professional, personal and church life.

Last edited:
Reactions: grittyE
As a white man, I can tell you that most white men are just intimated by guys they feel have a bigger wiener than they do. As most black guys probably fit into this category, they probably come off as intimidated most of the time.
south-park-s15e04c08-the-tmi-16x9.jpg

The brothers that grew up in the burbs riding bikes and shit with me and my youth, no fear. The brothers from the bad parts of town that don’t act like the country brothers or suburban brothers I knew in my youth, sure, they make me aware of their location. That said in middle schools we went to those areas to play basketball and never had an issue. Of course the other kids were in that 11-13 age range. I have been out and about in some rough areas during the day and people on the porches in neighboring houses gave me some looks of death like I had never seen before. Lucky to be alive lol. They didn’t like me in their hood.

The brothers that grew up in the burbs riding bikes and shit with me and my youth, no fear. The brothers from the bad parts of town that don’t act like the country brothers or suburban brothers I knew in my youth, sure, they make me aware of their location. That said in middle schools we went to those areas to play basketball and never had an issue. Of course the other kids were in that 11-13 age range. I have been out and about in some rough areas during the day and people on the porches in neighboring houses gave me some looks of death like I had never seen before. Lucky to be alive lol. They didn’t like me in their hood.

Its not that they don't like you in their hood, its just different. You were probably safe as safe could be. Your statement is true though. I know I have white guys that grew up with playing sports that look at me like a brother. I look at them like brothers and we have tight bonds.

I do not know this because I have not thought about race since birth. Just not a thing for me. I do not notice your race I notice your behavior. It is what is more likely the truth of the situation and not the race. I would have you think about it carefully and tell me if you think people are afraid of Erkel or Mike Tyson? I think we let the discussion of race interfere with the root problems of the situation. Everyone talks about the knee causing the murder but I believe the failure to get this cops off the streets was the cause of a murder. It was coming just happened to be this time.

If you think about it though if Floyd did not have the need or desire to pass a counterfeit bill he is alive. He does not resist arrest he is alive. So his personal behavior made him the target of the murderer instead of somebody else. Why are we not helping out a decent guy like Floyd before the cops show up/ Where was the community outreach. Where are the rich in MN and the Mayor trying to make sure that good guys have an avenue for a good life?

I do not know this because I have not thought about race since birth. Just not a thing for me. I do not notice your race I notice your behavior. It is what is more likely the truth of the situation and not the race. I would have you think about it carefully and tell me if you think people are afraid of Erkel or Mike Tyson? I think we let the discussion of race interfere with the root problems of the situation. Everyone talks about the knee causing the murder but I believe the failure to get this cops off the streets was the cause of a murder. It was coming just happened to be this time.

If you think about it though if Floyd did not have the need or desire to pass a counterfeit bill he is alive. He does not resist arrest he is alive. So his personal behavior made him the target of the murderer instead of somebody else. Why are we not helping out a decent guy like Floyd before the cops show up/ Where was the community outreach. Where are the rich in MN and the Mayor trying to make sure that good guys have an avenue for a good life?
Dead ... over $20?

That’s just not reasonable IMO

Please keep this respectful. It’s a conversation worth having!
Is it really? I just don't get it. The answer from my end is no. I guess I'm very fortunate where I live. I don't see all of this racial divide. The place I was having drinks after work yesterday was 50/50 white/black. ZERO problems and we were all talking to each other.

I don’t think it has anything to do with skin color. Its the way people present themselves. Im extremely fond of the black guys who are consultants, operators, park personnel, high school friends etc that I work with and hang out with but I’d feel uncomfortable around a sketchy person acting agitated or hostile no matter the color. You ever see those MS13 or yakuza guys? They’re scary AF dude.

635611644_aa5143bfed_z.jpg

9c098ea5397e0876a8cff75cfe3054c4.jpg

Meth heads make me uncomfortable as well.

4f3e87d61e663.image.jpg

OP I saw this on Facebook last night. Typically, I’m skeptical when it comes from social media, but it was intriguing enough for me to want to flesh out what this lady wrote in her twitter thread. To me, her assertion is the powers in this country did in fact want to create fear of the black community to keep them oppressed and her research seems to indicate it worked.

Again, I’ve not checked the accuracy of this information, but IMO it’s worth looking into to learn more about because it seems to speak directly to your point in your OP.

Dead ... over $20?

That’s just not reasonable IMO
I think what he's saying is that Floyd resisting arrest is what escalated the situation. The officer was %100000 in the wrong on how he handled that escalation and that should have been monitored and stopped by the other law enforcement present..but what if Floyd didn't resist arrest, IMO his chances of being alive are great. It's an issue on both sides in that police need to be trained better on how to deescalate a situation and people who are arrested need to comply with law enforcement. IF that arrest is unlawful, handle it in the court system, not at that moment in a tense situation. JMO.

Reactions: auburnra
He does not resist arrest he is alive. So his personal behavior made him the target of the murderer instead of somebody else.

But the problem is... that's not always true. And I know a LOT of people disagree with that statement. But the fact is there are way too many examples of black people being treated unjustly by police. I know a lot of white folks roll their eyes but seriously try to imagine yourself as a black man being pulled over by the police and being TERRIFIED that you are going to be killed, even if you comply.

That is a real fear. A legitimate fear for millions of Americans. Try to understand that.

I think op above nailed it for me, its your surroundings. The folks looting every night, I probably dont cross paths with them at the gym.

If I am downtown my head is on a swivel looking to avoid a conflict.
with anybody that looks the part. Right or wrong

Not scared of black people at all. I don’t like poor people though. I lived in the Montgomery hood for almost six years. Heard gunshots at least once every two weeks, but never feared for my life. I wasn’t the target. However, I was burglarized once a year like clockwork. **** poor people.

Reactions: aulax08
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not afraid of anyone based upon their race. This isn't a bravery thing at all because there are people and situations that scare me, but as someone else pointed out, that is a learned response and not a "natural" response. I learned to be aware of my surroundings and make good decisions about where I hang out and who I'm with but again, that's never been driven by race.

Question for you, do you think the fact that you feel that way is in any way self-perpetuating? Does it cause you to distrust the majority of white people and treat them differently than you do black people which then might cause them to distrust you which makes you think they fear you which makes you treat them differently?

Its not that they don't like you in their hood, its just different. You were probably safe as safe could be. Your statement is true though. I know I have white guys that grew up with playing sports that look at me like a brother. I look at them like brothers and we have tight bonds.

One spot was like avenue Y in Ensley. Other spot was me going to the super rock plant in North Birmingham. Last spot was by Rock Quarry in west Homewood where I was chased and ended up in midfield. Had to drive with lights off to lose them lol. I was heading to rock quarry to meet a hot chick from Homewood Highschool.

I do not know this because I have not thought about race since birth. Just not a thing for me. I do not notice your race I notice your behavior.
I've never understood why people say this. Of course you notice another person's race just like you notice if they're short or tall or have one eye or a limp. It's okay to notice physical features about other people. Just don't be racist and you're in the clear. No need to claim colorblindness.

Not scared but yet suspicious. Blacks are 13% of the population and commit OVER 50% of violent crimes. Until black people stop committing so much crime then these feelings will not go away. If the crime stops then the healing starts

But the problem is... that's not always true. And I know a LOT of people disagree with that statement. But the fact is there are way too many examples of black people being treated unjustly by police. I know a lot of white folks roll their eyes but seriously try to imagine yourself as a black man being pulled over by the police and being TERRIFIED that you are going to be killed, even if you comply.

That is a real fear. A legitimate fear for millions of Americans. Try to understand that.

You're right it's not always true, however more often than not even if the cop is in the wrong and arrests someone unlawfully, that can be sorted out in the court system..and could save both the officer and the citizen being arrested lives.

Reactions: Aueku
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT