ADVERTISEMENT

I’m conservative and could care less if confederate statues/flags remain

This is true, I can agree in a sense..and I'm not saying you're doing this but some people try to put a 21st century mindset and apply it to the 17th-18th century where EVERYONE owned slaves. My point isn't about statues though, it's just an object, it's more about how far down this slippery slope will we go. Is anyone or anything a woke mob deems racist whether true or not worthy of being destroyed/cancelled? ( I mean freaking COPS was just taken off the air, COPS!)
Everyone owned slaves? Really? You’re so ignorant.

The statue doesn't "glorify" history. It remembers it. Huge diff that you woke people wouldn't understand.
Should the Germans eliminate all memorials to the Holocaust, cause they don't like it? Erase it from memory? Hell no.

Once you start changing/eliminating history, there is no end to what will be changed.

There is not one person alive today that should be "offended" about what happened 140 years ago.
I have seen no statues of Hitler in Germany and have been there four times and traveled the country extensively. Have you seen one?

I have seen no statues of Hitler in Germany and have been there four times and traveled the country extensively. Have you seen one?
Wow. So you're equating Hitler to Confederate Generals? Really? The author of a genocide that murdered more than 6 million people? That started a world war that killed over 50 million people? Really? Really? Just damn.

Pretty sure we keep statues and pictures up of all our presidents and we for sure we the losers in the Vietnam war.
I do not remem
Pretty sure we keep statues and pictures up of all our presidents and we for sure we the losers in the Vietnam war.
I do not remember North Vietnam quoting any terms to the US as is the norm for victorious nations. The US removed soldiers as the war continued between the North and South. The North ultimately defeated the South and quoted complete terms to South Vietnam.
The North released our prisoners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT